*MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE* We think you will love the KrugerExplorer App, but if you are not 100% happy with it, contact us on [email protected]
within 48hrs of purchase and we will issue a full refund.
Welcome to KrugerExplorer – the all-in-one encyclopedia to Kruger National Park.
Whether you are planning your South African safari, need the perfect companion guide for your self-drive Kruger experience, or simply want to explore Kruger from the comfort of home, you will find everything you need in the KrugerExplorer App.
This App explores Kruger National Park in unparalleled detail, and includes:
- The most extensive Kruger wildlife Field Guide ever created.
- Guided Routes that share our knowledge of the park’s roads from years of exploring Kruger.
- The most up-to-date Kruger Maps available, helping you navigate the park’s 3,500km road network including several newly opened roads.
- Extensive sections on Kruger’s Rest Camps, Itineraries, Accommodation, plus exclusive Special Offers and Competitions.
- Thousands of stunning photographic images to reveal all the beauty of Kruger’s wildlife.
- And once downloaded, the App works 100% offline – perfect for exploring the Kruger!
The Field Guide section is unprecedented in its focus on Kruger’s wildlife. It includes over 700 species profiles detailing physical characteristics, behaviours and locations, and each is accompanied by breathtaking photography to aid identification.
The 700+ species profiles cover:
- All 148 mammal species ever recorded in Kruger, including the best places to find them.
- Over 500 bird species, including all of Kruger’s resident, migrant visitor and vagrant records since 2010. Stunning bird photography includes male, female, juvenile and breeding plumage where relevant.
- 60+ further profiles of commonly encountered reptiles and invertebrates, including crocodiles, snakes, lizards, tortoises, butterflies, spiders and much more.
The Guided Routes use our experience from many years in Kruger to create 70+ incredible journeys through the park:
- The routes are like having an in-person guide in your pocket. Each includes extensive commentary that doesn’t just say, “Take that road because it’s good for lions,” but instead explains the geology of each area, which in turn informs the flora that grows there, the herbivores that eat that flora and, ultimately, the predators that hunt those herbivores.
- Each route will help you develop an intimate insight into Kruger’s incredible wilderness.
- The 70+ guided routes cover each of the rest camps and entrance gates and suggest short, medium and full-day routes to explore.
The Maps are the most detailed, user-friendly and up-to-date available:
- They use SANParks’ geo-data, but are enhanced to include newly opened roads and correct errors found in the maps available in the park shops.
- For the first-time visitor to Kruger, note that you are not provided with a map and must buy one from a park shop at a cost similar to this App.
With over half a million words of content, the KrugerExplorer App is the most comprehensive and unparalleled encyclopedia for Kruger National Park ever created.
Since launching in 2019, the App has had a superb reception from fans and received some wonderful accolades:
- Downloads in over 60 countries
- App Store “App of the Day”
- “Recommended” commendation by BirdLife South Africa
- “Highly Recommended” by Getaway Magazine
KrugerExplorer is also a global community of wildlife lovers. You can follow the stories, photos and experiences of our 100,000+ followers on Facebook & Instagram. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Yes, the App works 100% offline once fully downloaded. You can put your device into flight mode, escape to the bush and still make full use of the App!
- Yes, this App is a one-time purchase, with no further in-app purchases or ongoing subscriptions required.
- This is an English language app.
Danny & Charlotte
KrugerExplorer v1.2.1 includes:
- Updated Maps include a new road between the H1-1 & S65, and recent name and other changes in the park.
- Fixes a bug where some users were not seeing the new maps after updating.
- Lots of new content – the App now covers every Mammal and Bird species ever recorded in Greater Kruger.
- An expanded About Kruger section, including rest camp info and maps, park history and much more.
- Ensures the App is updated for the latest versions of Android and new devices.