The Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) conducted a Job Task Analysis (JTA) in 2017 to ensure that the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) is assessing knowledge and skills relevant to entry-level competence. Thousands of massage and bodywork professionals participated in the JTA survey and a follow up analysis of the responses was reviewed by subject matter experts, psychometricians and FSMTB member board representatives. The FSMTB Board of Directors adopted the recommended test plan.
Content changes that will be implemented for all MBLEx administrations, effective July 1, 2018:
The section entitled Overview of Massage/Bodywork Modalities, History and Culture will no longer be a separate section.
1. Overview of Massage/Bodywork Modalities will be reassigned as a subcategory under the section entitled Benefits.
2. History and Culture subcategories will no longer be tested. The distribution of topics tested will be as follows:
- Anatomy & Physiology changes from 12% to 11%
- Kinesiology changes from 11% to 12%
- Pathology, Contraindications, Areas of Caution, Special Population changes from 13% to 14%
- Benefits and Physiological Effects of Techniques that Manipulate Soft Tissue changes from 14% to 15%
- Client Assessment Reassessment & Treatment Planning remains at 17%
- Ethics, Boundaries, Laws and Regulations changes from 15% to 16%
- Guidelines for Professional Practice changes from 13% to 15%
This app is organized to closely follow the actual objectives for MBLEx exam. As such, it is easy to find the information required for each of the specified MBLEx objectives. The objective focus design used by this app is an important feature because the information you need to know is easily identifiable and accessible. There is a lot to know and our free practice tests for the MBLEx Exam will help you find out where you need to work more and make the most of your study time.Application features:
• Gamization questions:
All questions are divided into small parts. All you need to do is practice round by round just like playing games.
• Practice by topics:
Test your knowledge by 4 specific knowledge areas.
• Mock test:
Various full tests let you familiarize yourself with test format. When you finish the test you will see your score and review all the questions.
• New questions every time:
to keep you on your toes, we randomize questions and answers each time you restart a practice test
• No internet connection and registration required
• FREE and minimum ads that annoy you
We hope you find our practice questions helpful as you study to pass your test! If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email at [email protected]
Happy studying and good luck as you begin this exciting step toward furthering your education!
This update includes performance improvements and bug fixes to make this app better for you.