My Quit Route will give you the expert advice and scientifically-proven tools you need to quit smoking for good.
You can use it either on its own or in combination with Nicotine Replacement Therapy (such as patches, gums, sprays or lozenges), stop smoking medications (such as Champix or Zyban) or e-cigarettes.
First, My Quit Route will guide you to set your quit date. Then it will prepare you for this date by helping you to:
• Change how you think about smoking so you won’t feel deprived when you stop
• Recognise all the gains you will make by quitting, and the dangers you will avoid
• Focus on what is really motivating you to go smoke-free
• Learn how to avoid weight gain when you no longer smoke
• Consider what other support options are available to you
Once you’ve reached your quit date, My Quit Route will help you stay smoke-free for the long term. It will show you the issues that could potentially cause you to lapse and give you a set of proven skills you can use to address these.
Specifically, these skills will allow you to:
• Anticipate situations that may tempt you to smoke, and plan how you will cope without smoking when you get there
• Stay calm and relaxed in any situation without smoking
• Replace smoking in your daily routine, including any ‘special cigarettes’, with positive activities that will make you feel good
• Understand the true nature of nicotine cravings and use a powerful mindfulness technique to ride them out
• Recognise and challenge thoughts that could lead you to feel anxious or low unnecessarily
• Improve your lifestyle and boost your overall physical and emotional wellbeing
My Quit Route has been designed by clinical psychologists and behavioural scientists to support you at every stage of your quit journey. So get started today and live your life smoke-free!
This app has been subjected to independent user testing which has resulted in several improvements being made to it.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE: My Quit Route is ONLY available to people with a postcode in an area of the UK in which it has been commissioned by a Local Authority, Clinical Commissioning Group or NHS Trust.
To find out if My Quit Route has been commissioned in your area, please contact us at [email protected]
If it is not yet available where you live, you can find your local stop smoking services here: https://www.nhs.uk/smokefree/help-and-advice/local-support-services-helplines