Welcome to the official NBA AR Basketball app – the official augmented reality experience of the National Basketball Association!
The NBA AR app offers two unique AR experiences: a pop-a-shot-type game and portals.
AR Portals: Step onto the court and behind the scenes of the NBA and some of its biggest events. Place the portal door in front of you, then walk inside to immerse yourself in a 360-degree video of your favorite NBA players and teams. New portals will appear in NBA AR every week!
AR Pop-a-Shot Game: Take your shots at an authentic NBA shot as you compete against the clock -- and your friends -- to move up the global Google Play Games leaderboard. Feeling ambitious? Step back beyond the arc for a three-pointer. Even turn on your audio to listen to the crowd cheer you on in the middle of the action.
Shooting really well? Playing in a really cool setting? Brag to your friends and family by saving and sharing a replay of your game on social media and other messaging platforms. Use the hashtag #NBAR.
Did you know you can also personalize the NBA AR app by selecting your favoriting team, such as the Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics, LA Lakers, Houston Rockets, Toronto Raptors or more?
How to use AR Portal:
1. Select the portal experience of your choice
2. Scan your environment to set the ideal location of the portal door; you’ll be prompted to “Tap to Place” when you find the right spot
3. Walk through the portal door and explore all around you
4. Tap the back arrow or walk back out the portal door to leave the experience
How to play AR basketball game - Pop-a-Shot:
1. Select your favorite NBA team to personalize your NBA AR app experience
2. Scan your environment to set the ideal location of the floor and hoop (we recommend large open spaces, outdoors and well-lit areas)
3. Tap the screen to load the ball
4. Flick your wrist (don’t let go of the phone!) to shoot the ball. Practice to find the right arch and velocity of your flick
5. See if you can be the next Stephen Curry, Lebron James or James Harden.
What devices can I use the NBA AR app on?
The NBA AR app is available on Android devices running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later.
Why am I having trouble finding a spot for the court or portal door?
Your device’s camera needs to find a flat surface to place either of these experiences. It’s why we recommend well-lit, large, open areas for an optimal experience.
Why is the 360 portal video blurry?
Portals work best when you’re connected to WiFi. We recommend this to experience the 360 video content at the highest quality.
Need additional support? Send us an email: [email protected]
- Team Banner updates
- Bug fixes & improvements