Meet, onTouch English dictionary
, shows the definition/meaning of English words as pop up without opening dictionary app ever. No hassle of switching between apps. Save time, improve productivity. You can also use this as normal English Dictionary.
It is an offline dictionary hence it will run without internet connection.
Definitions are based on English Wiktionary
hence they are comprehensive and easy to understand. With Wiktionary
, you get the best definition, synonyms, antonyms and example sentences
is Ideal for students, professionals, and academics, as well as anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English at work or at home.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Wiktionary
, this app provides the following features: Big Database:
More than 350,000 words and large number of inflected forms to enrich your vocabulary.Modify your Database
: ADD or DELETE any word into/from database. Personalize dictionary to any extent.Word of the Day
: Increase your vocab with a new word every dayRecent searched List
: Keep track of most recently searched words.Favourite words List
: Your favourite words will never be lost. Grow your vocabulary by saving the words to your favourite word list.Text to Speech
: Hear out for any word, as app provides offline pronunciation feature. Note: word pronunciation works only if voice data have been installed in your phone (Text-to-speech engine). Spelling suggestions
– Don’t know the spelling correctly, no worries, get help with how words are spelled with auto suggestions.Offline & Faster
: As it is an offline dictionary, getting the definition is very fast and convenient. (Internet connection is not required).Auto-Start
: Dictionary gets started automatically during the booting up of the device, and works from the background. This feature can also be turned on/off from the settings of the main application.Compatibility
: Ok tested with Browsers (Chrome, Opera), PDF Reader (Adobe Acrobat), E-book Reader (Moon+ Reader), Facebook, WhatsApp and many more.Different ways to get the definition using onTouch English Dictionary: Feature #1 (Meaning pop-up)
1. Select and hold the word you'd like to get the definition for.
2. Choose any one:
I. Click on the COPY option from the Options Menu.
II. Click on the ‘Define’ option from the Options Menu. (Works only on Android Marshmallow or later)
3. Meaning will be shown as pop-up right there on the screen.Feature #2 (Floating Search Widget)
1. Enable Floating Widget from Settings.
2. Click on the floating icon and type the word in the Floating Search Widget.
3. And get the definition right there in the floating window. Your settings:
♦ Dark and Light themes with best colour scheme to soothe the reading experience
♦ Enable or disable meaning pop up and floating search widget at any time
• For android 4.4, pop up feature #1 doesn’t work as expected for onTouch English dictionary
as there is a bug in the following Android version.
• For MI phones, pop up feature #1 doesn’t work as expected
• For some Android devices, feature #1 doesn’t work in few PDF Readers.Permissions Required
INTERNET – for connecting to Google PlayStore if needed to review our app.
VIBRATE – app gives haptic feedbacks in form of vibration for some actions.
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW – to use feature #2 app needs this permission to show the floating icon on other screens.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED – required to start the feature #1 on system re-start so that users do not need to start pop up feature manually every time he/she re-start the system.
Kindly send us your request and feedback @ [email protected]
- Swipe between definitions
- 'Define' bug fixed
- Other minor bugs fixed