Easy to use, efficient and fully customizable timer app for your interval training.
Optimus Interval Timer will help you focus on your workout and forget about the time, just follow the sounds and voice indications. And when you're done you can share your results with your friends.
It's an exceptional training timer for HIIT, Crossfit, running, cycling, tabata, yoga, sprinting, stretching, fitness, weightlifting, boxing, fartlek, aerobic, street workout, c25k... and even cooking!
This is the ad-free Pro version.
** Key features of Optimus Interval Timer **
Fully customizable workouts:
- Add as many intervals as you need.
- Set number of rounds of the workout.
- Set warmup and rest between rounds.
- Set interval duration, color, title and time between notifications.
- Easy to organize intervals: Rearrange just drag and dropping, remove just sliding to one side.
- Option to keep the screen on.
- It keeps working even if your screen is off.
- It comes with preinstalled workouts such as tabata, 7-Minute workout, sprint intervals, one & one and plank HIIT.
- Custom voice notifications: Set when you want to be notified individually. Every interval can have its own notification time.
- Title reading voice: Don't you remember what the next interval was? Don't worry, the app voice will tell you.
- Countdown voice.
- Choose the sound for interval change.
Simple and intuitive look and feel. All the needed information in a glance:
- Current round, total rounds, current interval time, circular representation of the current interval time left, linear representation of the total time left, background color representing the current and the next intervals.
- Information about the next interval: title, duration and color.
- Play, pause and change to previous or next interval.
If you have any feedback, go to the app settings and click on "Send feedback or bug report", or send me an email to [email protected]
, thank you!
What is HIIT?
High-intensity interval training (HIIT), also called high-intensity intermittent exercise (HIIE) or sprint interval training (SIT), is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 4–30 minutes. These short, intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism, and improved fat burning.
This definition comes from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training) where you can find a lot more information about its benefits. It also explains some very popular programs, like the tabata. HIIT is also a common practice in Crossfit trainings.