is a piano chords and scales dictionary with user libraries and reverse mode with a chord progression builder. Our free app has circle of fifths with compatible chords (or chord wheel). Using circle of fifths and chord progression builder you can compose songs and learn, play chords and scales. You can compose music using our real piano and use your MIDI keyboard to play and record songs. It helps you to learn music theory too.
If you can’t remember the name of a chord or scale, this app helps you to find it by keys (or MIDI keyboard). For example, just press C, G and you will get C Major as the first chord in the search result. If you don’t see a chord, you can create a custom chord
and use it for chord charts or your user library.
The Piano Companion app shows chord and scale notes, degrees, fingering for both hands in major and minor scales – and you can contribute your own custom fingering
too. Additionally, you can listen how a scale or chord sounds in the loop or arpeggiated and other music theory information. You can see the list of compatible chords in the selected scale or list of compatible scales for a selected chord.
The app helps you to experiment with different chord progressions using our Chord Progression Builder
using relative or common chords and other music theory related chords.
- 1500+ piano chords, up to 6th inversions
such as: major, minor, diminished, augmented, sevenths, etc.
- 10,000+ scales
, such as: major, minor, chromatic, pentatonic, blues, etc.
- Music Chord and Scale Theory
- Chord Progression builder with scale patterns (chord sequencer)
- Interactive Circle of Fifths (Chord Wheel)
- Ability to input your own custom chords and organize your own chord charts and library
- External MIDI keyboard support
for reverse mode
- MIDI output (iOS) with ability to connect your favorite DAW with Piano Companion
- List of available chords in Circle of Fifths (Chord Wheel)
- Popular key notations: English, Italian, German, Japanese, Russian, etc.
- Shows chord and scale on the staff with treble and bass clef
- Displays compatible scales’ chords
- Displays similar and relative scales
- Analytical labels: Secondary Dominant and Secondary Leading-Tone
- Common degrees: Tonic, Supertonic, Mediant, Subdominant, Dominant, Submediant, Leading tone (in Major scale) / Subtonic (in Natural Minor Scale)
- Displays compatible chords’ scales
- Ability to create custom chords or modify existing ones
- Audio support: ability to play chord in the loop or arpeggio; ability to play scale in the loop
- Arpeggio in the chord progressions
- Relative scale suggestions
- Relative chords in chord progressions
- You can create your own scale fingering and have the ability to use community scale fingerings
- User libraries with ability to add scale or chord
- You can create your own chord libraries and chord charts
- Ability to create favorite scales
Prompt support from the Piano Companion Team is guaranteed! We would also be happy to hear your suggestions for Piano Companion.Follow us on
Google+: https://plus.google.com/112151838811905661920Have questions
? Community forum: http://forums.songtive.com or contact us at: [email protected]
From now on, it correctly displays the number of flats/sharps in Circle of Fifths.
You can select Scale on the Large Piano.
Fixed issue with MIDI keyboard and Dual Keyboard.
The current octave is used when tapping on keys in details.
Love our app? Please rate us - each vote is very important for us! Your feedback keeps us motivated to continue development.