Prey is a tracking, data security and device management app with over 10 years of experience in locating lost phones, laptops, and tablets. Available for Android, Chromebooks, iOS, Windows, Linux, Ubuntu and macOS. All devices are monitored under a single account and manageable from the mobile app or the online panel.
- This app requests Accessibility services when using the "Lock" feature. Accessibility is used to block the device, showing an "Access Denied" screen overlay.
- The Power Button Lock feature, it only available on Android versions lower than 9. Android 9 and above include added restrictions that block this functionality.
- This app uses the Device Administrator permission. This allows the Remote Wipe and Lock feature's function
- This App request access to location data in the background to enable the geo-tracking, geofencing, and location history features even when the app is not in use. While most Android devices will automatically request all necessary permissions, some need additional ones to be granted manually. Check help.preyproject.com for instructions specific to Huawei & Xiaomi devices.
► Control Zones: Create areas on a map that alert device movement in and out of them.
► GPS Geolocation: Pin-point accuracy reflected on a map, with GPS coordinates.
► Location History: Verify device movements in time, and detect suspicious movements.
► Control Zone Actions (Pro*): Activates actions when a device enters or exits an area.
► Anti-mute Alarm: Ring an alarm that can’t be muted.
► Remote Lock: Block the device’s screen with a custom passcode remotely.
► Security Message Alert: Display a message on the screen to alert the user and arrange a return.
THE PREY MISSING DEVICE REPORT
The Report is Prey’s key feature. When a device is marked as missing, Prey gathers crucial evidence to aid the police’s work with:
►GPS Coordinates & Map: Ideal when pointing the police in the right direction.
►Mac Address: With this, and the device’s IP, no one can deny it is indeed your device.
►Pictures: Try to identify the device’s location with surrounding pictures.
►Wi-Fi Neighborhood: See all active connections near your device for better tracking.
►Device and User Information: Check an activity log, receive any modifications.
► Remote Wipe (Pro*): Delete local files and SD on lost devices to guard your privacy.
► File Retrieval (Pro*): Select and retrieve specific files and avoid losing work on lost phones.
► Encryption (Soon): Remotely encrypt data until the device is retrieved.
The Enterprise plan gives access to an upgraded platform with mobile device management capabilities.
► Scheduled Automations (Pro*): Program recurrent, repeating or one-time actions.
► Enterprise Inventory (Pro*): Keep track of hardware, changes, connection and battery.
► Fleet Status Dashboard (Pro*) : View your fleet’s status globally with graphic insight.
► Labels & Grouping (Pro*): Group your devices with custom labels and a robust search engine.
Your privacy and mobile security are our top concern, that’s why we work with OPEN SOURCE code. Your personal information and data is only retrieved or used when requested.
Don’t take our word, take a look at some of our recovery stories:
Our company was born in Chile, with an app that originated in theft itself when the founder’s laptop was stolen. After long, hard work, and many improvements, we grew to become a global solution that focuses on two missions: to help our users worry less about theft, and give them the tools to stand a chance when losing devices, and their data.
Please contact us at [email protected]
Terms and Conditions: https://www.preyproject.com/terms/
*Pro features are included in our paid plans.
• Improved response time for the File Retrieval feature when recovering folders containing several files.
• We use the Accessibility Service API to ensure no other apps can unlock the device when it’s been locked remotely by Prey.