Other pets just eat your homework. This one helps you ace it!
Puku is a fun and rewarding way for you to learn vocabulary. Play ongoing leveled lists, words related to a category of interest like Food or Mythology, or create your own list from classwork assignments—quickly and easily with pre-populated definitions from Merriam-Webster! The app features Puku, a virtual pet that grows as you master new words, and evolves each time you cross a milestone in an engaging display that celebrates your progress.
Every player has a personalized experience guided by adaptive learning technology. The app responds directly to kids’ performance ensuring that learning is efficient and motivating: players spend their time on new and challenging vocabulary and get immediate corrective feedback when necessary to help them get back on track.
From Merriam-Webster, America’s most-trusted dictionary, Puku is the best vocabulary-building app for kids ages 8 and up. Learn thousands of words, such as curious, fatigue, boisterous, and indelible—and feel good about your screen time!
With Puku you can:
• Develop your personal vocabulary path, and have fun doing it!
• Improve every day with ongoing, leveled lists
• Play custom collections—from Food and Holidays to Books and Mythology—and learn words associated with areas of interest or study
• Create your own lists, quickly populated with Merriam-Webster definitions, either to help with words you are learning in class or to master words that will awe and stump your friends
• Share custom word lists with friends and classmates
• Access trusted, age-appropriate definitions from Merriam-Webster
Puku for teachers:
Quickly create and share word lists with your students, automatically populated with trusted, authoritative Merriam-Webster definitions. Your students can play any list you create, for free.
We appreciate all feedback! Please send comments to [email protected]
, and if you love the app, please leave a review!
A couple of small bug fixes.