Sheet Music Scanner, Reader & Player!
Experience a powerful sheet music scanner, reader and player.
Scan printed sheet music using your built-in camera and have the app play the music for you.
Ever wondered how that interesting-looking piece of sheet music actually sounds? It's easy with Sheet Music Scanner. HOW IT WORKS
1) Just point your smartphone or tablet at the music sheet. Or upload a PDF or an image file.
2) Choose the instrument, pick the speed, and let Sheet Music Scanner play the music notes for you.FEATURE LIST
• Scan the whole music sheet instantly using your built-in camera
• Music note reader helps you learn piano, trombone, violin, and more!
• Reads and plays piano sheet music and over 30 other instruments
• Playback from any image in your Photo library or from a PDF*: just tap a button, and our optical recognition technology (OMR/OCR) will do the rest
• Playback from anywhere in the song - simply tap the measure, the music notes and symbols are highlighted as they're played—a great way to learn and practice music sheet reading
• Export as MIDI, MusicXML, audio (M4A / AAC, MP3, WAV), PDF to cloud storage * or directly to other apps
* Note on Export / Import: All major cloud storages supported: Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc. Note that the appropriate cloud storage client app has to be installed for this to work.
• Reads and recognizes the following symbols of music notation pertaining to melody, harmony, and rhythm: treble, bass, and alto (viola) clefs, notes, duration dots, rests, accidentals, note ties*
• Support for voices played in tandem, e.g. both piano hands at the same time, or all the choir voices
• Support for playing individual staffs separately, e.g. right or left piano hand
• Support for multiple music sheet pages
• Accommodates speeds between 50 and 330 beats per minute
* Some limitations apply - please see at the bottom of the page.
LEARN PIANO & 30 OTHER INSTRUMENTS
• Supports Accordion, Acoustic Bass, Alto Saxophone, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bass Guitar, Celeste, Cello, Choir, Clarinet, Double Bass, Flute, French Horn, Guitar - Classical, Clean, Distortion, Glockenspiel, Harp, Mandolin, Marimba, Oboe, Organ (Percussive, Pipe, Reed, Rock, Tonewheel), Piano, Recorder, Tenor Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Vibraphone, Viola, Violin, Xylophone
• Supports actual instrument pitch for the transposing instruments
• Supports pitch shift / sound transposition by semitones up to 2 octaves up or down
• Change your pitch standard based on instrument, from standard 440Hz to 380-480 Hz
Perfect for those who love MuseScore, forScore, flowkey, OnSong, PlayScore 2, Appcompanist & more.
Use high-quality printed sheet music and take photos under good enough light, when scanning from your camera, for optimal results. For scanning from a file, the recommended resolution is 300 DPI in greyscale or 8-12 MPx per page.
• Reads printed sheet music, not handwritten or mimicking handwriting, tablatures, etc.
• Reads standard oval note heads only, no special symbols like shape notes.
• The following symbols are not currently supported: repeat signs, codas, triplets/tuplets, percussion notation, dynamics, double sharps, double flats, and grace notes. These are planned to come in the future updates.
• The app currently reads 3 clefs: treble, bass, and alto. Recognition of octave clefs and clef changes in the middle of one staff are on the roadmap.
• Some older prints and unusual fonts may not be recognizable.
If you experience any problems, please contact support at [email protected]
- Ukulele sound added.
- Key signatures recognition improved.
- Minor bug fixes.