SkEye is an advanced Planetarium that can also be used as a PUSHTO guide for telescopes.
Ever wondered what objects are up in the sky? Now you can get familiar with Astronomy by identifying stars, planets, and constellations. Also look up deep sky objects from the Messier and NGC catalogs.
If you have a telescope, just strap the phone onto the OTA and you get a PUSHTO guide!
• Time machine : Jump to any date in past or future
• Real time Alt-Azimuth and Equatorial coordinates
• Messier objects
• mini-NGC catalog (subset of ~180 bright objects)
• Solar system objects including all 8 planets and the 4 Galilean moons
• Night Mode
• Search, with a guiding arrow
• Alt-Azimuth, Equatorial grid
Send an email to [email protected]
• For better accuracy, calibrate the magnetic sensors by waving the phone in a figure-8 motion of your hands.
• For advanced use read: http://lavadip.com/skeye/documentation.html
‣ App Permissions
• Location: to determine accurate position of celestial objects
• Bluetooth: to suppport remote sensors
‣ Upcoming features:
• More deep sky objects, Satellites and Asteroids
• Support for DSC with encoders
6.11 (8 March 2017)
* M1 is now called crab nebula, instead of Taurus A
* Ability to search stars by their designation in English (sigma instead of σ)
* Completed list of named stars
* Increased number of named stars to 2400, so that southern pole star (sigma octanis) is included
* Smoother display when connected to Wiced Sense devices, on some newer Android phones