This application enables control of the basic functions of the Sony STR-DN1080 AV Receiver via a WiFi network.
This app is handy if AVR's position is not convenient for use with the standard IR remote - for example if located in a different room or installed in a cabinet. Or you might just prefer using this app instead of the standard IR remote.Features:
• Basic Zone 2/HDMI Zone control.
• Basic Internet radio support via AVR's the built-in Chromecast Audio.
• Change calibration presets.
• Enable/Disable 'Network Standby' and 'Remote Start' settings.Important:
Your phone/tablet will need to be connected to the same network as the AVR.Release history:
• ver. 1.4.x, July/August 2019: Add 'Network Standby' and 'Remote Start' settings to Advanced Controls (Pro version).
• ver. 1.3.x, June/August 2019: Enable the 'Advanced Controls' screen.
• ver 1.2.x, May 2019: Add basic support for Internet radio streaming to the in-built Chromecast Audio. Supported formats are MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, and possibly more. Storing of stream URLs (Pro version).
• ver 1.1.x, May 2019: Add Zone 2 and HDMI Zone control (Pro version).If you have problems connecting the app to your AVR please feel free to email me.
– This is the Pro version
. Please try the Free version
first, to see if it works for you before buying this app. –
Email feedback, questions or suggestions for new features are very welcome. This app is still being developed, so the addition of new features is possible.Note for the EU model STR-DN1080:
The 'Power On' function requires "Network Standby" to be enabled in the AV Receiver's "Network Settings". This feature is not available on EU models.Disclaimer:
This app is not
affiliated with, endorsed by, or associated with Sony Corporation.
* Add Speaker Level adjustment ('Pro' version has full access).
* Experimental support for older models: STR-DN1070, STR-DN1060 and STR-DN860. If you own one of these models, please consider emailing any feedback or bug reports to [email protected]
- this would be much appreciated - thanks.
* Chromecast: Improve connectivity. Fix a bug with starting the streams. Update radio stream URL in database. Added more example streams.
* Add Help Information page.
* Bug fixes and optimizations.