Condensed cooking knowledge with calculators, ratios, times and temperatures. All you need for Sous Vide cooking, Fermentation, Pickling, Curing and Candying, Dehydration and more.
COOKING KNOWLEDGE. CONDENSED.
Ratios. Principles. Calculators.
All the kitchen data you ever wanted and needed in one simple app.
No fluff. No single-use recipes. Just general cooking facts and numbers to improve your cooking. We read dozens of books, turned thousands of pages, compared hundreds of recipes and tables to get down to the science of cooking methods. The result? Easy-to-understand and universally usable culinary guidelines. Why? So you don't have to do the tough work.
We did this for ourselves, but we know there are many cooking nerds out there. You are welcome.
We are relentlessly researching and adding new theme brackets, so this is an ever growing kitchen reference.
Included theme brackets:
- Sous Vide Cooking Times and Temperatures for Meat (with cut conversions and synonyms), Poultry, Fish, Seafood, Vegetables, Fruits and Eggs
- Fermentation including Sauerkraut, Kimchi and many more
- Fermented Beverages: Ginger Beer, Kombucha and Shrubs
- Black Fruits and Vegetables
- Flavoured Oils and Fats
Pro content coming soon:
- Pasteurisation and Sterilisation
- Pressure Cooking
- Deep Frying
- and so much more!
• COOKING KNOWLEDGE. CONDENSED. All our cooking knowledge in one single app, complete with cheat sheets, step-by-step guidelines, sample recipes, ratios and calculators. Use it as a source to refresh your memory or as a tool to learn different culinary techniques.
• NO FLUFF. Cooking facts, presented in a simple and effective way to help you develop your knowledge and simplify your cooking. The Tastelab app is designed to help the expert chef and ambitious home cook save time and learn along the way. All the information you need, in one place, just one click away.
• SOUGHT-AFTER THEME BRACKETS. Browse through Sous Vide Cooking, Fermentation, Flavoured Oils and Fats, Brining, Pickling, Preserving, Dehydration, Candying, Salt-Curing and many more cooking methods. And it does not stop there! More exciting content like pasteurisation and sterilisation, pressure cooking, deep frying and many more will be available soon.
• STEP-BY-STEP GUIDES. SAMPLE RECIPES. We introduce every cooking technique with the basics behind it and then give you some illustrative sample recipes. Learn the principles of fermentation or the ease of sous vide cooking step-by-step. We don't like single-use recipes. We give you universally useable cooking knowledge and ideas to start you off and help you explore on your own. We promise to keep adding our guides to help you learn more.
• RATIOS. Do you want to get to the next level of cooking? Learn how to cook using ratios. Be it a savoury pickling brine or the ratios for your own homemade vinegar: understand the ratio behind a cooking method and easily adapt it to other recipes.
• CALCULATORS. Need help adapting a recipe? Simply adjust the recipe depending on the ingredient quantity or yield. No need to close the app and open the calculator, we made it simple and hassle-free for you.
• SEARCH BUTTON. Have an ingredient in mind? Feeling adventurous? Our search button enables you to type in an ingredient and discover different methods to cook it.
• CELSIUS OR FAHRENHEIT. CENTIMETERS OR INCHES. Metric or imperial. Have it your way.
Download the Tastelab app today! All the cooking knowledge you'll ever need - summarized, condensed, distilled down to the essentials.
Currently available in English with specific keyword translated into German and French.
We are always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please contact us at [email protected]
This version brings new exciting content - included in the original package:
- FLAVOURED OILS AND FATS: Upgrade your cooking game with a huge variety of tastes! Including guidelines to start experimenting on your own!
- BRINING: Brine your meat, fish and seafood! Juicy, flavourful and tender - brining is definitely worth it!