The General’s mobile app is here to help you manage your policy anywhere, at any time. Whether you need to obtain a quote for car insurance, make a payment, view your ID Card(s), or submit a claim; The General’s mobile app makes it easy for you!
• Quickly obtain a quote* for a new auto insurance policy with The General®.
• Make a payment, schedule a payment, split a payment across different payment methods, or even pay in cash (Powered by PayNearMe)!
• Access your ID Cards immediately after you’ve signed in for the first time. Simply rotate your phone to landscape view in the app to quickly view your virtual ID Cards. To view your (full) legal ID cards select to open the PDF version.
• Start and submit a new claim, or even follow the status of an existing claim.
• Utilize our Help Center for some of our most frequently asked questions. If you need further assistance start a call or chat with us during normal business hours, or schedule a call-back from our Sales or Customer Service teams at a time that’s convenient for you!
• Log in how you want! You can use your e-mail address, policy number, Facebook account, Google account, or even biometrics (fingerprint or face).
We’re always looking for ways to improve your mobile app experience! Please feel free to leave us feedback on your mobile app experience, or contact us at [email protected]
We want to ensure a 5-star app experience!
*Some restrictions apply. Subject to Underwriting guidelines. Not available in all states.
End User License Agreement: https://www.thegeneral.com/legal/app_eula/
Privacy Notice: https://www.thegeneral.com/legal/privacy-policy/
In this release, we have resolved the issue that kept our app running after it was closed. Our payment messages in the app have also been enhanced to let you know when a payment is pending, and when a scheduled payment has failed. In addition, we performed routine maintenance to clean up a few items and also decreased the download size of our app!
Wanting to get help with a quote? You can reach out to us on our "Get a quote" screen!