From Genii Games' Àsà stable comes this culturally and morally rich African folktale.
According to the High Priest, the gods are angry hence, they have struck the town with a terrible famine. Everyone is worried. Well, everyone except for 'Adiye', the sleepy Chicken. The King has spoken; the message, delivered by a good friend, 'Ekute' the Rat. So, what sacrificial offering are the gods asking for in order to lift the curse? Will the dramas eventually prompt Adiye out of his sleepy state? Find out in 'The Lazy Chicken'.
* Explicit Moral and Cultural lessons.
* Three ways to read: Read to Me: automatically reads each page of the story to you; Read it Myself: allows you to read yourself; Auto Play: automatically reads the entire story to you.
* Ease of Navigation: Swipe the screen to change pages or use the navigational arrows.
* Repeat Narration: Repeat the narration for any page.
* Page selector: select which page you chose to read or commence reading from via the menu.
* Cultural highlights: Pick up simple cultural tips on different pages by selecting highlighted texts and pictures.
* Games: Play through a selection of puzzle games to put together scenes and pictures picked up from the story.
* Hide or remove narrative texts: Hide or show the narrative text depending on your choice.
* Mute or Play background music: Allow or disallow the matching background music at any time
* Mute or Play narration: Switch from 'Read to me' to 'Read it Myself' reading mode by simply muting the sound button
* Parent Section: A secure Parent section provides parents or adults with a secure means of providing feedback directly from the app.
Recommended Ages: 2 – 12 years. Also, if you're looking to get started on African culture in a subtle manner then this app is for you.
To catch up with more culturally rich fables and other apps in our growing collection,
Visit us: www.geniigames.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/geniigames
Follow us on Twitter: @genii_games
You're welcome to reach us anytime. Mail us at [email protected]
You can also do so without leaving the app by accessing the form feature under the Secured Parent Section of the app. We'd also appreciate your review on Google Play.