TonkBit is card game based on Tonk/Tunk card game. It is also played as knock rummy game.
A deck with 52 cards is used to play one round of the game. A deck do not have Joker in it. So from Ace to king for four different types suit are used to play game.
Aim of the game
- The object of the game is to dispose of all the cards in your hand. There are three ways to get rid of cards: Spreading(melding), Hitting(laying off), and Rejecting.
*Spreading* is taking a combination of cards from your hand, and placing it face up in front of you on the table, where it stays. There are two kinds of combination which can be melded: sequences (also known as runs) and groups (also known as sets or books).
- a sequence or run consists of three or more cards of the same suit in consecutive order
- a group, set or book is three or four cards of the same rank
*Hitting* is adding a card or cards from your hand to a meld already on the table. The cards added to a meld must make another valid meld. You are not permitted to rearrange the melds in the process
*Rejecting* is playing a card from your hand on top of the discard pile. You get rid of one card this way at the end of each turn.
How to play?
- Two or three player can play together for one round of the Tonkbit game. They take turns in clockwise rotation. Each turn consists of Drwaing a card, Spreading, Hitting & Rejecting the card.
- Player must begin by taking one card from either the top of the un-dealt(Stock pile) or the top card on the discard stack, and adding it to your hand. The discard stack is face up, so you can see in advance what you are getting. The stock is face down, so if you choose to draw from the stock you do not see the card until after you have ensure yourself to take it. If you draw from the stock, you add the card to your hand without showing it to the other players.
- In a round, 5 random card are dealt to each player. After drawing a card, player have to prepare a sequence OR group of the card. if you have one, you may lay one such combination face up on the table in front of you. If you can hit(Laying off) a card to other players meld then you can hit a card over there.There is no limit to the number of cards a player may lay off in one turn. At the end of your turn, one card must be discarded from your hand and placed on top of the discard pile face up.
-If the stock pile has run out and the next player does not want to take the discard, the discard pile is turned over, without shuffling, to form a new stock, and play continues
Pointing system for knock:
Each card have its unique value. Ace have point 1 and King have point 10. If you feel that you have less no of point compare to all other player, then you can tap on Knock button face-up card of all user. A player wins a round whose card's sum is lesser than all player's card.
Any suggestions? We always love to hear from you and making this game better. Email us at [email protected]
- improved performance.