'Treni ya Namba' is the swahili version of Akili's Number Train (also available on the Play Store). On the number train your kid will develop their early numeracy skills, as they learn to identify large and small numbers, put numbers in order, and observe patterns - All key skills for developing school readiness in pre-primary-aged kids!
WHY CHOOSE TRENI YA NAMBA?
- LEVELED: Each level is slightly more challenging than the last, making learning a friendly process!
- QUALITY: Created by a skilled team of education experts, app developers, graphics designers, animators and sound engineers
- ASSURED: Designed with kids in mind and based on research into how preschoolers learn best
- REPRESENTATION: Akili is a curious and smart four-year-old who wants to learn... the perfect role model for all children
HOW IT WORKS
Select between 18 levels of difficulty from easy to challenging! Each level contains a series of challenges involving patterns of numbers and shapes. The number train rattles into the station with Akili or Little Lion at the helm. Drag and drop the correct figures into the train’s carriages to set it tooting on its way again!
The easier levels (1-5) will challenge your kid to identify patterns in shapes by filling in the missing figures on the characters. In the harder levels, Akili needs help putting numbers in order from smallest to largest!
To arrange the numbers and shapes, just touch and drag the cards and drop the in place on the empty carriages of the number train. If you put the card in the right place it will stay there. If you get it wrong it will bounce back down to the deck. Once the train is full of correctly organised cards, fireworks will fly and the train will roll out of the station.
* Get familiar with ordering small and larger numbers
* Develop the ability to identify recurring patterns in numbers and shapes
* Improve hand-eye-coordination
* Learn persistence by trying until you succeed
* Play independently
* Have fun with play based learning
- 18 different levels of difficulty
- Clear audio and visual instructions
- Play in a safe, secure space
- MADE for 3, 4, 5 and 6 year olds
- NO high scores, so no failure or stress
- Works OFFLINE, without an internet connection
- Beautiful graphics depicting Akili’s homeland, at the foothills of Kilimanjaro
THE TV SHOW
Akili and Me is an edutainment cartoon from Ubongo, creators of Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me - great learning programs made in Africa, for Africa.
Akili is a curious 4-year-old who lives with her family at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro, in Tanzania. She has a secret: every night when she falls asleep, she enters the magical world of Lala Land, where she and her animal friends learn all about language, letters, numbers and art, while developing kindness and coming to grips with their emotions and rapidly changing toddler lives! With broadcast in 5 countries and a massive international online following, kids from around the world love going on magical learning adventures with Akili!
Watch videos of Akili and Me on YouTube, and check the website www.ubongo.org to see if the show airs in your country.
Ubongo is a social enterprise that creates interactive edutainment for kids in Africa, using the technologies they already have. We entertain kids to LEARN & LOVE LEARNING!
We leverage the power of entertainment, the reach of mass media, and the connectivity provided by mobile devices to deliver high-quality, localized edutainment and educational content to African kids, giving them the resources and motivation to learn independently – at their own pace.
All proceeds from app sales will go towards creating more FREE educational content for children in Africa.
TALK TO US
If you have questions, comments, advice or need help and support with this app please talk to us at: [email protected]
We’re always happy to hear from you.
New app icon and name.