Weather on Wheels makes it simple to check out weather predictions before you hit the road. Enter your starting location, destination and start time and Weather on Wheels will display weather forecasts along your entire route. Adjust your start time to find the best possible conditions for your trip.
Provides weather predictions ONLY FOR THE LOWER 48 US states, but accessible world-wide by popular request.
Backend update(10/25/2017): We'd like to take this bit of space to thank our users for all of their feedback, especially those who sent us the routes they were trying to take when the app was not working. Most requests have been experiencing a critical failure which would take our backend service down hard and it proved to be a very difficult issue to debug. We hope that operations have been restored to normal at this point and cannot express our gratitude deeply enough, nor our utmost appreciation for users who sent us their problem routes. In the future we hope to automatically log and adapt to routes that experience problems with predictions, but for now if you experience further issues please continue sending us the routes you intend to take so that we can check for and exterminate any more bugs. Safe travels!
v3.0.9 - Back On The Road Update(10/2/2017):
- Everything should work again now.
- The UI is more informative regarding progress in processing routes.
- Automatic retry occurs when the backend does not respond, which can occur when we periodically update prediction data. If the service is completely unavailable it will alert the user.
v3.0.5 - The Big Rebuild:
- Completely rebuilt the app from the ground up and wrote our own custom endpoint interface to streamline information delivery - no more waiting on the NDFD API, you'll know almost instantly if weather information is available (and it is our goal to keep it available).
- Aggregating Icons: never miss bad weather on long routes with icons that retain the worst conditions along the way. Condition values are averaged along the routes so you can see the arrival time, wind speed, temperature, and chance of rain under a given icon.
- By popular request, when in the map screen the map will automatically refresh every fifteen minutes on the hour coincident with weather updates, keeping hands free while driving and letting you keep one eye on the weather.
- Provides weather forecasts for the time you are predicted to reach locations along a route
- Compare forecasted weather for several routes
- An app solely focused on the forecasted weather along potential routes
- Weather forecasts from the National Weather Service National Digital Forecast Database
- Route information from Google Maps
Copyright (c) 2017 The Conrad Blucher Institute for Surveying and Science. All Rights Reserved.
This product is protected by copyright and distributed under licenses restricting copying, distribution and decompilation.
This product should not be used as a sole navigation/weather prediction tool. By downloading and using this app, the user releases of any liability the developers of Weather on Wheels.
◦ Bugs? Crash? Feedback? Suggestions?
Email: [email protected]
Fixed the trip time presentation in the UI and the point arrival time calculation on the backend, was stacking arrival time instead of distributing properly.