THIS APP WON'T BE UPDATED ANYMORE. PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEW ONE (ROOT): http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abiondo.gautotoggle
The new app supports 4G and works on every rooted device.
!!! This only works if you have installed CyanogenMod !!!
(If you don't know what it is, please don't install the app)
2G Auto Toggle is a simple app that switches your phone to 2G network only when the screen is off. When the screen turns back on, the network mode is set back to automatic. This saves battery because 2G consumes way less power than 3G/4G.
*** Settings ***
- Enable at boot: no need to enable it every time you boot your phone.
- Disable in call: if the screen goes off during the call and the network switches to 2G there may be problems.
- Disable in tethering: you may not want to switch to 2G when using thethering or hotspot.
- 2G when WiFi connected/enabled: no need for 3G when you have WiFi.
- Toggle on unlock: why switch back to 2G/3G when the screen is on, if the phone is locked?
- Timer: you can set a delay before switching to 2G.
- App filter: 2G Auto Toggle won't switch the network mode when the apps you select are active.
*** Advanced settings ***
- Primary mode: choose which network mode to set when the screen is on/unlocked.
- Secondary mode: choose which network mode to set when the screen is off.
- Importance threshold: choose the minimum importance for an app to be considered active by the app filter.
- Added setting to switch to 2G when WiFi is enabled or connected
- Added setting to enable the app only when data connection is enabled
- Better management of network switching
- Fixed some bugs