Use your Android camera as a light meter FOR FREE!
For old film cameras with no light metering, such as Holga, Diana, LOMO, Hasselblad, Rollei, Yashica and more, do a light metering with Android Light Meter and take nicely exposed pictures!
1. Press the "Use camera" button and take a picture
2. Current shutter speed, aperture size and ISO of the taken picture is shown on the dials
3. Spin the dials to your desired settings
4. Set your film camera with the measured settings and take the picture!
You can also use photos in gallery as your source of light metering
Note: Android Light Meter will only work on devices which puts the shutter speed, aperture size and ISO information into exif tags. Please kindly report devices that work or not in the comments or by email.
Known devices that will work with built in Camera:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Sony Xperia S
Known devices that will NOT work with built in Camera:
Sony Tablet S
- Added 1/13 shutter speed
- Fixed "use Gallery"
- Nexus 4 EXIF aperture overwrite now available
To allow support on your phone with EXIF overwrite, let me know what phone you are using (As in the text at "Device name") through Google Play and I will update them for you!