In-app purchase of $4.99 gives you Chromecast support, casting to Apple TV, Roku, WebOS and UPnP/DLNA enabled devices, access to Dropbox, support for themes and an ad-free interface.
It's been almost a year since Avia's Chromecast release. Chromecast has been a success for Avia, to say the least. To add to the sweetness, we're now supporting casting to Apple TV, Roku and WebOS devices along with an updated UI, icons and themes. Avia 7.2 also offers overall stability improvements. Here are the features of 7.2:
• Updated user interface with simpler navigation and smoother response
• New icons throughout the app
• Casting to Apple TV
• Casting to Roku devices (need to install Avia for Roku)
• Casting to WebOS enabled TVs
• Improved stability and support for the latest Google Chromecast software
• Full playback control from your phone or tablet
• Music album artwork and artist images displayed on your TV
And of course, Avia still allows you to: Share your photos, videos and music on these devices: Chromecast / Roku / Apple TV / WebOS TV's / Xbox One / Google TV / PC / Mac
Play and manage media stored on your Android device, in the cloud or from these devices: Facebook / Dropbox / Google+ Photos (Picasa) / Network Attached Storage (NAS) / Windows Media Player (WMP) / XBMC / Serviio / Plex / Subsonic / PC / Mac / Other Android Devices
Finally, here are a few pieces of advice to get the most out of Avia:
• To cast to Roku devices, please install the Avia for Roku channel that will appear on your Roku screen.
• Make sure your Android device and device you want to cast to, e.g. Chromecast, are using the same Wi-Fi network.
• When using Avia to access media from other devices, they must have UPnP/DLNA serving enabled.
• When casting from Avia, files MUST be compatible with the receiving device. Many devices have fewer compatible codecs than a home computer.
• Please review your media formats with the specifications of your devices before attempting to cast. (Example: Chromecast is not compatible with .AVI files.) Please see the video conversion guide at http://aviatheapp.com/support.
If you have questions, comments or feedback, please check out our support page at http://aviatheapp.com/support/
If the Chromecast icon is still missing, troubleshoot suggestions are below :
• Reboot WiFi router (optional: change WiFi channel), reset factory settings on Chromecast, rename Chromecast and re-install Avia.
For issues related to Chromecast, please visit the Chromecast support page at https://support.google.com/chromecast/
Avia featured as top media for Chromecast by TalkAndroid.com: http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/best-apps/best-android-apps-for-streaming-networked-pictures-music-and-video-to-chromecast-december-2014/
To join beta testing group, please send us a membership request at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/avia-beta-testers
Our biggest release since Chromecast!
New in 7.2:
- Updates UI with new icons
- Updated Dark and Light themes
- Cast to Roku devices
- Cast to Apple TV
- Cast to WebOS enabled TV's
Change log for this build:
- New version of Facebook library which is mandated
- Updated to newest version of Cast Library
- Integrated MHL cable support into Avia
- A few stability fixes