Weekend in Paris without understanding a single word on the restaurant menu?
Reading a book in English and not sure about some words?
Babylon, the world’s leading provider of dictionary and translation software, brings you Babylon Touch.
Capture any hardcopy text with your Babylon Touch and get instant term translations.
- Your One-Touch Translator – Touch any word & get instant translations
- Ideal for any hardcopy translations (books, menus, newspapers, textbooks and more)
- Break down language barriers – Your effective problem solving solution
- Huge selection of dictionaries and glossaries – in over 1,600 glossaries in dozens of languages
How to use Babylon Touch?
1. Hold the phone directly over the text and wait for a focus (green square)
2. Touch a word on your screen to translate it
3. View translation in the bottom box
4. Touch "Read More" to get detailed dictionary results
5. To capture a new text, just tap the Camera button
Zoom in and out: after capturing a text, you can zoom in and tap any word more easily.
We'd love to get your feedback at [email protected]
Babylon Touch includes a floating magnifying glass that enables you to conveniently search the web through your homescreen. You can easily remove it and keep Babylon Touch by clicking the magnifying glass > Settings > Disable.
Note: Babylon Touch retrieves results online from Babylon’s servers and requires Internet connection to function correctly.
2.0.6 & 2.0.12
- Bug fixes for SG4 and other bugs
- Hebrew OCR compatibility - Hebrew has been added as a new source language and you can now get a translation from Hebrew to other languages.
- Landscape compatibility - you can now choose whether to use Babylon Touch in portrait or landscape mode.
- OCR improvements - major text detection enhancements
- Hebrew OCR handles more than one word phrases
- Many bug fixes and landscape improvements