This application is only for Archos A101XS with JellyBean firmware and Archos TV connect. It won't install on any other device.
ARCHOS makes Video Player app available for all Android tablets and phones (requires Android 4.0 or later)!
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from any computer/network storage in your local network (SMB and UPnP) or from an external USB storage device;
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: dedicated user interface that is keyboard/remote control compatible;
- Share and keep track of what you have watched using Trakt scrobbler (see http://trakt.tv/);
- Audio: night mode and audio boost options;
- New flat/material user interface design.
8.0.1 - Dec 8th, 2014
- Fix volume control changing vibrator state
- Force video playback in landscape when automatic rotation is disabled
- Recover third party player option in settings and menu for phones with hardware buttons
8.0.0 - Dec 4th, 2014
- 3D video: tagging and side by side/top bottom playback mode with Archos or cardboard stereo glasses support
- TV: AndroidTV compatibility with new TV friendly dedicated user interface