Requires rooted devices.
ATTENTION: Some versions of Android, especially on Samsung stock ROMs, may have restrictive SELinux policies that may prevent this app from working. We are working hard to resolve or provide workarounds for this.
In the meantime, if you find this app is not working due to permission denied errors when you in fact do have root, it is likely due to a prohibitive SELinux policy being enforced. You can disable SELinux enforcing by executing 'setenforce 0' in a root shell.
Please do not leave a bad rating/review due to the decision of some device ROMs to enforce restrictive SELinux policies. As mentioned, we are working hard to resolve/workaround these issues. Feel free to use the in-app 'Report Bug/Feedback' option to provide useful information to help us out.
Please do not use the reviews to request features or report issues. If you have a request for Language Translations, features or want to report a bug, use the in-app Report Bug/Feedback option or send e-mail to [email protected]
Wondering when and to where your Android apps are connecting across the Internet? Look no further! Network Log is for you!
Network Log monitors iptables-logging to display a real-time list of which apps are making network connections, and provides statistics about those app connections.
★ Real-time log display
The log tab shows the network packets being transmitted and their details such as:
* source and destination addresses/ports
* network protocol and interface
* bytes transmitted
★ Real-time network usage statistics
The Apps tab lists installed applications along with network usage statistics such as:
* total packets and bytes sent
* active network throughput speed in Bps/Kbps/Mbps
* timestamp of last connection
* list of all the unique connections made by each app
* sortable and filterable packets/bytes counters
★ Real-time connection notifications
The statusbar icon's up/down arrows will highlight when upload/download traffic occurs, and the notification drop-down shade displays the connection throughput speed in Kbps.
You can also configure toast pop-up notifications on a per-app basis that will pop-up a temporary notification containing connection details no matter which app you are in.
Click an app in either tab to see time-lines of its connections.
Select the 'Apps Timeline' menu item to see an over-all time-line of all apps.
Adjustable interval from 1 ms to 48 hours for summing data:
* to see each packet, set to 1 ms
* for Kbps, set to 1 second
* for Kb-per-hour, set to 1 hour; etc
Adjustable pinch-zoomable and scrollable graphs.
Note: While the app itself is designed to use minimal CPU/battery, you can further reduce the CPU/battery use by exiting the app after starting the logging service.
Full source code available at https://github.com/pragma-/networklog.
Requires rooted devices.
- Show total sent/recv statistics for packets/bytes for each app in the Apps tab without needing to expand the app
- History now loads from most recent logfile entry (no longer shows empty log if logging has been turned off for longer than the load-history time range)
- Support arm64 devices