Grant and manage Superuser rights for your phone.
Issues installing or upgrading from another Superuser or SuperSU? Try the recovery zip installation linked below.
Apps being denied? Disable the "Declared Permission" setting, and delete the "Deny" policies.
This app requires that you already have root, or a custom recovery image to work.
Apps not being remembered? Start the superuser app to make sure the su binary is up to date.
* Multiuser support
* OPEN SOURCE (https://github.com/koush/Superuser)
* Pin protection
* Manifest permission support
* Per app configuration
* Request timeout
* Proper Tablet UX
Why another Superuser?
* Superuser should be open source. It's the gateway to root on your device. It must be open for independent security analysis. Obscurity (closed source) is not security.
* Superuser should be NDK buildable. No internal Android references.
* Superuser should also be AOSP buildable for those that want to embed it in their ROM.
* Superuser should also be AOSP embeddable, meaning a ROM can easily embed it into their Settings app.
* Maintenance and updates on both the market and source repositories should be timely.
* If something goes wrong, I can fix it.
* Handle multiuser (4.2+) properly
* Handle concurrent su requests properly
Manual installation with the recovery zip:
Recommended if you are having installation issues or are not rooted
Fix Samsung KNOX issues.
Fix adb bugreport toast spam
Several vulnerability fixes: CVE-2013-6768, CVE-2013-6769, CVE-2013-6770
Support for Android 4.3
Security Fix, see here for disclosure: http://bit.ly/Z1WdOQ
X86 installation fixes
Fix crashes on Note 2 (caused by dumpstate)
Fix gingerbread crash
Dark theme is now a setting
When su is called, notify user if su is out of date.