Triggertrap - Creative ways of triggering your camera. The Triggertrap app has a sound sensor to trigger your camera and a range of tools to create beautiful timelapses.
IMPORTANT! Triggertrap requires the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle to connect your camera to your device! See below for details.
Triggertrap’s sound sensor is totally configurable so you can get extra trigger happy with your camera! Triggertrap allows extreme exposure control, and lets you push the boundaries of HDR photography.
• "A nifty addition to any photographer’s toolkit" - Trusted Reviews
• "[Combines] the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single, affordable product.” - Shutterbug
Here are the ways you can get triggering:
• Sound sensor - clap, whistle or tap
• Timelapse - travel through time
• TimeWarp - timelapses with acceleration
• DistanceLapse** - perfect for road trips
• Bramping - bulb ramping timelapse to keep your exposure smooth
• Star trail mode - extreme exposure control to create stunning images of the night sky
• LE HDR - Long exposure HDR sets with up to 19 exposures
• LE HDR Timelapse*** - create timelapses with all the detail of HDR
Along with all these modes, there are a variety of cable release modes, including simple cable release, tap and hold, and timed exposures up to 100 hours long! Triggertrap lets you get some distance between you and your camera too, with Wi-Fi triggering when you have two devices with the app installed!
To connect your Android device to your camera buy a Triggertrap Mobile Dongle separately. See the Triggertrap website for a list of supported cameras, and for more information. Currently more than 300 camera models are supported, with support added for new cameras all the time.
Long Exposure HDR (LE-HDR) mode supports shutter speeds from several hours down to 1/16th second, and can do up to 19 bracketed shots with 1/3, 1/2, 1 or 2 EV steps.
*To connect your Android device to a DSLR camera, you will need to buy a Triggertrap Mobile Dongle Kit separately. See the Triggertrap website for a list of supported cameras, and for more information. More than 300 camera models are supported.
**Requires GPS support
***Our Long Exposure HDR (LE-HDR) mode supports shutter speeds from several hours down to 1/20th second, and can do up to 19 bracketed shots with 1/3, 1/2, 1 or 2 EV steps
We’ve just introduced our nifty ND calculator! A handy addition to our Calculator section and a rather handsome chap, it takes the guesswork out of shutter speed selection when using Neutral Density filters. Simply select your shutter speed without the filter on, choose your Neutral Density filter strength and as if by magic, the correct new shutter speed appears!