Attention: on Android 4.4 devices, please check "Enable widgets" in security settings and follow the instructions below.
DashClock is a replacement lock screen clock widget for Android 4.2+ phones and tablets. It also exposes additional status items called extensions. The widget comes bundled with extensions that give you instant access to:
• Your current local weather
• Missed calls and unread text messages
• Your next calendar appointment
• Unread Gmail inbox or priority inbox conversations
• Your next scheduled alarm
To add the widget to your Android 4.2 device's lock screen, first make sure that "Enable widgets" is turned on in your security settings. Then, simply swipe to the left-most page of your lock screen and touch the "+" icon. Finally, select "DashClock" to customize and add the widget. You can make this the primary lock screen widget, replacing the default clock, by first touching-and-holding it and then dragging it horizontally to the very rightmost position.
Developers: DashClock is extensible! Visit the open source project at http://code.google.com/p/dashclock to learn more or just check out the source.
Have a bug report or feature request? Just find the issue or file a new one here: http://code.google.com/p/dashclock/issues/list
• NEW! Visibility and color customization options
• NEW! Visual design tweaks
• NEW! New options for accessing DashClock settings
• Weather extension reliability improvements
• Fixed a few bugs related to the Gmail and SMS extensions
Full changelog: http://code.google.com/p/dashclock/wiki/Changelog