DroidCamX turns your Android device into a wireless webcam, letting you chat on Skype, Google+, and other programs.
You can also use DroidCamX as an IP, or Surveillance, Camera via your Internet browser virtually on all networks. Use it as a pet cam, spy cam, or a security camera.
The app works with a PC Client component that installs the webcam drivers, and connects the computer with the Android device. Windows or Linux clients are available, simply visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to download, install, and get more info on usage.
It is recommended that you try the FREE version of DroidCam first to make sure everything works (PC client is same for both versions).
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer, including Sound* and Picture.
- Connect over Wifi or USB cable. (+Basic Bluetooth support)
- Keeps working wherever the Wifi signal reaches.
- High-resolution video support (including 720p streaming in HD Mode).
- Surveillance/IP Camera MJPEG access (access camera via your browser or from another phone/tablet/etc).
- Camera controls: camera flash, auto focus, zoom and more.
- Simple and efficient: Designed to save battery and space as much as possible.
A bargain compared to actual webcams sold in store!
Note: If the Play Store fails to download the app, log on to your Google Wallet account, Cancel the order and try again.
*On Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) audio recording is delayed not allowing DroidCam to stream and play-back smoothly. This seems to be fixed as of Android 4.0.
KWD: Video Audio Camera Microphone Streaming USB Webcam
- New icon graphic
- Tablet compatibility fix
- Several bug fixes