DroidCamX turns your Android device into a wireless webcam, letting you chat on Skype, Google+, and other programs.
You can also use DroidCamX as an IP, or Surveillance, Camera via your Internet browser virtually on all networks. Use it as a pet cam, spy cam, or a security camera.
The app works with a PC Client component that installs the webcam drivers, and connects the computer with your Android device. Windows or Linux clients are available, simply visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to download, install, and get more info on usage.
It is recommended that you try the FREE version of DroidCam first to make sure everything works (PC client is same for both versions).
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer, including Sound and Picture.
- Connect over Wifi or USB* cable.
- 720p video in HD Mode.
- 'FPS Boost' setting, up to 2x more FPS video on certain devices (eg. Google Nexus),
but unfortunately not correctly supported on some other devices.
- Surveillance/IP Camera MJPEG access (access camera via your browser or from another phone/tablet/etc).
- Camera controls: camera flash, auto focus, zoom and more.
- Save still frames to SD Card on mobile device, or on PC via Windows Client.
- Extended controls on the Windows Client: Mirror, Flip, Brightness, Contrast, etc.
- Simple and efficient: Designed to save battery and space as much as possible!
A bargain compared to actual webcams sold in store!
Note: If the Play Store fails to download or verify the app (license), log on to your Google Wallet account, Cancel the order and try again.
* USB connection may require additional setup.
Version 6.1.2 - Back to Landscape mode. A few bug fixes (eg. for HTC One M8). New 'FPS Boost' setting.
Dropped support for older (pre Android 4 KitKat) devices, to take advantage of newer camera features resulting in improved video quality and frame rates.
Updated design and layout.
Removed Bluetooth code.
Windows Client v6.0 also available at www.dev47apps.com with further improvements and important bug fixes. Updating the Client is optional but highly recommended.