Dungeon Sketch is a lo-fi tactical combat map for tabletop roleplaying games such as Dungeons and Dragons. This is meant to replace the whiteboard or graph paper that sits in the middle of a gaming table.
The application provides a vector drawing utility, and a collection of images to use as tokens representing players, monsters, or anything else. There is nothing specific to a particular roleplaying system.
* Three layers to draw on: a background, hidden notes for the game master (put your traps there!), and temporary annotations such as spell effects.
* Lots of intuitive draw tools to support any sort of map you want to draw.
* Fog of War: Set up a map ahead of time and reveal it to your players room-by-room.
* Import your own images to use as tokens in the game, or choose from a large library of provided tokens.
* Manage, tag, and filter tokens, so you can easily drop them in as you play.
* Save and load maps, so you can prepare your game ahead of time.
* Color themes ranging from classic whiteboard and graph paper to more thematic colored backdrops.
* Rectangular and Hex Grids.
Dungeon Sketch is Free, Open Source software. Visit the application website to browse the code, and please consider contributing!
If anything is broken, please email me in addition to writing a review! Simply writing a review severely limits my ability to follow up on issues.
User interface improvements to the token editor and grid properties.
Ability to export all or part of the map to an image file.
Ability to select arbitrary colors for the background and grid lines instead of being limited to a few presets.
Rewritten hex grid support. Now featuring actual regular hexagons, and working snap-to-grid for both lines and tokens.
Fix crashes when creating tokens from large images.
Fix issue where the app was non-responsive while the token database loaded.