SwitchMe ceates user login profiles just like on a desktop computer, with each having its own system settings, apps and data based on your current ROM.
Offers advantages in application and user security over stock multi-user and works on any Android version. It also allows secondary users to have their own system, framework and debugging settings.
SwitchMe requires root/superuser permissions, look here for information on what that means and do some research online: http://fahrbot.co.uk/root
- Use multiple instant messenger or gaming accounts on one phone
- Testing - Create a sandbox profile to test applications and themes
- Privacy - securely share one device among many users, protect profiles with passwords or patterns
- Battery - switch to a profile which only contains your essentials and save power through brute force
- Kids - a protected profile, with only the apps and access you feel comfortable with
- Gaming - overclock for maximum performance in intensive games. Run benchmark tools
- Languages - permanently change language settings
- Speed - temporarily remove clutter, with no kids games, messengers or bloatware to slow things down
Incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. Do not ignore in-app warnings!
- As a best practice you should have your superuser app installed into /system.
- If you cannot switch profiles or the app is crashing, you have likely broken the apps root access in your current profile. Uninstall, reboot and install from Google Play again. Your data will survive this reboot intact, dont worry.
- Most devices should be compatible as long as they have enough free internal memory to create profiles. The application will warn users if available memory is low, so only worry if you get a warning. In the future we will add a function to store profiles on removable media.
• Fixed free space issue
• Fixed bugs from user reports (thanks people)
• Updated translations
NOTE: if you experience crashing or other issues, uninstall app, reboot device, install from Play. Your profiles will not be affected.