Create secure accounts, just as you would on a desktop computer, with each account having its own system settings, apps and data based on your current ROM. Offers advantages in application and user security over stock multi-user and works on any Android version. It also allows secondary users to have their own debugging settings.
WHAT CAN IT DO?:
• Easily use multiple instant messenger or gaming accounts on one phone
• Privacy - securely share one device among many users, protect your accounts with passwords and log out automatically into a secure "switch screen"
• Battery - switch to a profile which only contains your essentials and save power through brute force
• Kids - a protected profile, with only the apps and access you feel comfortable with
• Gaming - overclock for maximum performance in intensive games. Run benchmark tools
• Languages - permanently change language settings
• Speed - temporarily remove clutter, with no kids games, messengers or bloatware to slow things down
• Testing - Create a sandbox profile to test applications and themes
CRITICAL USAGE WARNINGS:
Incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. SwitchMe requires root/superuser permissions, look here for information: http://fahrbot.co.uk/root
- As a best practice you should have your superuser app installed into /system.
- If you cannot switch profiles or the app is crashing, you have likely broken the apps root access in your current profile. Uninstall, reboot and install from play again. Your data will survive this.
- Most devices should be compatible as long as they have enough free internal memory to create profiles. The application will warn users if available memory is low.
- All apps installed to the system partition will be included in your fresh profile. The more apps you have installed in /system, the larger the secondary profiles.
READ THE HELP FILE CAREFULLY TO AVOID ISSUES
Without the Key, this application allows a maximum of 2 profiles and no security features.
Only the standard Android implementation of Apps2SD is supported. Use all others at your own risk. A2SD using unsupported symlinks will result in your SD apps appearing to be uninstalled.
• Compatibility with most lollipop firmware, including Samsung
• Fixes and tweaks
• Preparation for SwitchMe 2.0 with Material Design