*** Please note: Will only work with compatible AOSP based browsers. Currently doesn't support folders.***
This will download your bookmarks from http://www.google.com/bookmarks and add them to the browser on your device. You can also use this to edit and share your current bookmarks.
• Import your Bookmarks from the Google Cloud
• Backup and restore
• Select what you want to import
• Import Bookmarks with only specific labels
• View, open, delete and arrange the Bookmarks on your android device
• Share Bookmarks via Facebook, Twitter, Email and more
• Import from HTML file
• What is a AOSP browser? It's the vanilla Android browser that comes with some devices. It normally has a blue icon and can be named Internet or Browser. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Dolphin browsers are not AOSP based.
• If appears not to import: backup bookmarks, delete all bookmarks, then re-import
• Google Cloud: http://www.google.com/bookmarks
• Backup location: [external storage] + BookmarkBackup/bookmarks.xml
• Import from HTML (not XML) file will work with files generated from your desktop browser, this is new so please email with any problems
• Test folder support by joining the beta Google Group here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-bookmark-import-tool-beta and following the instructions in the welcome message.
Problems or suggestions
• [email protected]
It should also be noted that Google does not provide any official method for downloading your bookmarks, and as such I can't guarantee this app will work as expected for everyone.
To help translate please follow this link http://goo.gl/gQLeq
English, Japanese, Thai, Finnish, Dutch, Korean, French, Russian, Chinese (China), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Portugal)
Problems or suggestions to [email protected]
There will be bugs I'm sure, but help me help you. Thanks.
- App renamed to comply with Google guidelines
- Bug fixes
- Updated Portuguese translations, thanks Gonçalo
Beta version that supports folders is available here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-bookmark-import-tool-beta
After over 50,000 installations someone decided to email me instead of giving me a 1 star rating. We were able to fix the problem. Thank you ^^