IBM Sametime Mobile for Android is the official mobile client for IBM Sametime, IBM's award-winning platform for social communications.
IBM Sametime Mobile for Android is designed to leverage the IBM Sametime Proxy's highly scalable, secure and robust next-generation communications framework. Starting with version 9, IBM Sametime Mobile for Android brings to market new and exciting capabilities to help you take your people networks with you when you go on the road. It gives you access to their insight and expertise right from your smartphone or tablet to accelerate your business processes, improve decision-making and efficiency and, ultimately, energize your life's work like never before.
- Rich presence including geographic location
- One-to-one and group chat
- Chat history
- Broadcast announcements
- Search corporate directory for individual contacts
- Send and receive photos
- Support for multiple communities
- URL-based, one-click configuration
IBM Sametime Mobile for Android supports both the IBM Sametime 8.5.2 IFR 1 Proxy, and the new IBM Sametime 9 Proxy. However, the new voice and video capabilities are only available when connecting to an IBM Sametime 9 Proxy instance.
For more information on Sametime, visit http://www.ibm.com/sametime or join us at our Sametime Blog at http://www.ibm.com/sametimeblog.
A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the web as http://www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml. All references to names in the images refer to fictitious company and ficitious persons, designed for illustration purposes only.
- Offline messaging, with proxy server update
- Fiberlink MaaS360 integration
- Federated authentication support for IBM SmartCloud
- Image support in group chats with proxy server update
- Point-to-point audio on phones, with support for IBM SmartCloud
- Point-to-point audio and video on tablets, with support for IBM SmartCloud
- Push-notification support
- Defect fixes