With KmlViewer for Android mobiles you are able to display simple custom kml files from file manager or sent in mails. Online files ending on ".kml" and opened in KmlViewer will be shown on Google maps.
To create a KML file :
1. Start Google Earth on your PC
Reset tilt by dragging down the "eye" and click on "N"
2. Add a new folder to “My Places” like “Recommended fishing spots”
3. Right click folder and add placemarks with titles and descriptions
4. Right click folder to add a path. Path title and description will show up as a placemark. With path window open, add a path with clicks on left mouse button. Step back with right mouse button. Navigate on map with arrow keys. When done click OK.
5. Right click folder and “Save as *.kml” (kmz is not supported)
6. Send this kml file in a mail to your friends or upload it to a server.
Use KmlViewer to view your file. Click on icons (poi’s) to read embedded text.
KmlViewer supports the following tags in descriptions :
"" If included in description a title is given to the display header.
"" This placemark is used as a center for the map
"" zoomlevel for map (e.g. 15)
"" where icontype is one of following :
- info (default )
Example (placemark adjusting center of map and zoomlevel, in addition to indicating a fishing spot) :
""This placemark indicates an excellent fishing spot !
For paths its possible to select color, for example :
All tags are removed from description before showing.
TAGS: kml, viewer, google, maps, trip, poi, placemark, path, google earth
- Multiple paths with custom colors now supported
- Minor updates