Learn Chess by watching thousands of notable chess games. There are books (collection of games) on different types of openings, mid-games, end-games, strategy, etc. Games are sometimes annotated with analysis so you can see which moves were good and which ones were bad. Even when the games are not annotated, you can open games in DroidFish for analysis.
Most of the downloadable books are FREE. These are books that are freely available on the internet and/or contributed by others. If you have PGN files that you'd like to contribute or sell, please contact the author via email.
Here are some instructions on getting started:
1) after installation, go to Menu > All Books and download some books. Your downloaded books can be accessed through Menu > My Books.
2) the icons under the chess board allow you to enable auto-play, go to the next/previous board/move.
3) swiping up or down on the chess board will flip the board.
4) long press on the moves area (below the board) to export, share, save, or open the game in DroidFish for analysis.
5) if you find a bug or if there's a problem with the app, please email the author. DO NOT report problems in comments.
This is an open source application. You can support it by purchasing in-app books and/or by sending donations to the author via PayPal.
This application was forked from "SCID on the go" and is available for download on github under GPL v2 License.
2012-10-31: Fixed "Dulicated provider authority" error.