Experience the wealth of the internet with the speed and simplicity of Lightning Plus, a web browser built to rival the giants. Browse fast on your Android phone or tablet, and see through a portal to the infinite information of the internet.
● Design - Lightning's interface was carefully crafted so you can browse as efficiently as possible without sacrificing those features that mean the most to you. Tabs and Bookmarks are all tucked neatly away in side drawers, only a swipe away, allowing maximum screen viewing with minimal interference from the browser's chrome.
● Speed - By utilizing the WebKit rendering engine that comes built into your Android device, we can ensure a swift, lightweight experience that won't disappoint.
● Privacy - Use Incognito Mode to browse without leaving a footprint, download Orbot and turn on proxy support to mask your identify and location, use StartPage or DuckDuckGo for your search engine, or disable settings that you think leave you at risk. Whatever your concern, Lightning is here to help.
● Features - Full-screen, check. Inverted Rendering, check. All the search engines you want, check. Search Suggestions, Bookmarks, History, User Agents, whatever you need, Lightning does it.
● Open-source - Just as Android open-source, so is Lightning. We believe that the best software is built when communities come together to engineer the best solution. Head over to the repository on GitHub to fork, contribute, or translate. Whoever you are, there's a place for you in open-source.
● Free - Check out the paid version for AdBlock and Unlimited Tabs. Free version is limited to ten tabs open at a time.
● permission.INTERNET: Needed to access the internet for browsing
● permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed for downloading files and backing up data
● permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed for downloading files and restoring data
● permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Needed for sites that want your location (you can deny location access)
● permission.READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS: Needed for reading the browser history
● permission.WRITE_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS: Needed for keeping the browser history up to date
Beta Tester Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/108746004608718111703
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ACRDevelopment
4.0.8a - Lollipop
* Updated for Lollipop
* Material Design - Same design, new look
* Color Mode - colors browser to match with the website - will be optional in future
* Text reflow added for devices on Kitkat and above
* Inverted rendering improved for some devices
* Added/Updated translations
* Improved find in page ability
* Settings revamp
* Reading mode
* Dark theme
* Bugfixes/performance improvements