This app allows you to place shortcuts on your homescreen for your contact groups (Friends, Family, Coworkers, etc.). Clicking the shortcut will launch a folder showing the contacts in the group. As you add contacts to your groups, or remove them, the folders will always show the contacts currently in the group.
You can choose to have contacts in the groups sorted either alphabetically or by usage, with the most frequently contacted contacts at the top.
When viewing a group, the app also provides a means for you to manage the group, adding contacts to it or removing them from it.
If in the groups list, you see multiple groups with the same name, turn on 'Show group accounts' in the settings. In all likelihood, the duplicate groups come from multiple gmail accounts, or having the same named groups locally on your phone and also in your gmail.
Due to Google's new requirement to provide a physical address when selling apps, the unlock key has been unpublished. I will provide the APK file for the key free on request. Eventually the main app will be rewritten to not need the key.
Full change log here: http://sprng.me/e6tbc .
* Changed the titlebar buttons, moving to a single menu button
* UI overhaul, using Holo theme or DeviceDefault theme on supported devices
* Updated Contact querying code
* Fixed small bug in preferences screen on Gingerbread and below
* Dropped support for Eclair devices
* Preferences - Contact Sort preference immediately reflects new value
* Group Browser - click title to close
* Group Browser - long-click title to rename