This app allows you to place shortcuts on your homescreen for your contact groups (Friends, Family, Coworkers, etc.). Clicking the shortcut will launch a folder showing the contacts in the group. As you add contacts to your groups, or remove them, the folders will always show the contacts currently in the group.
You can choose to have contacts in the groups sorted either alphabetically or by usage, with the most frequently contacted contacts at the top.
When viewing a group, the app also provides a means for you to manage the group, adding contacts to it or removing them from it.
If in the groups list, you see multiple groups with the same name, turn on 'Show group accounts' in the settings. In all likelihood, the duplicate groups come from multiple gmail accounts, or having the same named groups locally on your phone and also in your gmail.
The application has been updated so all functionality is there; it no longer requires the key for advanced options.
Full change log can be found here: http://goo.gl/HoZSBB .
* Fixed small layout bug when viewing contacts as list
* Menu buttons now show popup instead of context menus
* New setting allows to view contacts as a list instead of a grid
* New setting to filter contacts using "Starts With" or "Contains"
* Added title bar button to toggle filter in "Manage Contacts" dialog
* Added filter functionality (click the title bar button) when viewing a group folder