This is not a typical app. It's a widget and should only appear in the "Widgets" listing, NOT the "Apps" listing. To display a widget on your homescreen, read the instructions at the bottom of this text.
Follow the Major League Baseball playoff race with the MLB Magic Number Widget. Baseball records, stats, and standings are at your fingertips (and on your home screen) with MLB Magic Number Widget. Track your team's playoff progress to clinching the division or the wildcard spot at a glance on your phone.
Magic Numbers (number of team wins or opponent's losses required to clinch the division), Elimination Numbers (E), win/loss record, games back to the division leader (GB), wildcard games back (WCGB), current streak, and more stats are also available options.
Playoff series (LDS, LCS, and World Series) can be tracked on your home screen. And check out the countdown options (wins to World Series title, countdowns to Opening Day, Spring Training, etc.).
After placing a widget on the home screen, tap on it to see all the stats about your team, including record, splits, schedule, and more.
Any/all MLB teams can be tracked on your home screen. Make as many widgets as you want, for as many teams as you want!
This is not a typical app. It's a widget and after installation, it should only appear in the "Widgets" listing, NOT the "Apps" listing. Many phones/tablets have the Widget list after the Apps listing or on a separate “tab”. To see if this is the case, try this:
1) Bring up the Apps list on your phone/tablet and scroll to the end. Try to see if “Widgets” is listed at the top of the screen. If so, select it.
2) Select "MLB Magic Number". If it works, go to step 10.
The other (original Android) way to get a widget is to:
3) Touch-and-hold on an open area of the home screen.
4) Select "Widgets" or "Add Widget" (or similarly named option). On several phones you have to select “Apps and Widgets”, then select a “Widgets” tab.
5) Try step 2 again. If MLB Magic Number isn’t there, continue to step 6.
On a few phones, MLB Magic Number won't appear in the list right after installing, but will show up later.
6) Reboot and repeat steps 1 through 5.
Android has an issue where widgets that get installed to the SD card or "Media Area" don't display in the widgets list. This is easy to fix by following these steps (names are a bit different depending on your phone model and OS version ):
7) Select the “Settings” app from the App list. Go to the Application Manager, by choosing “Application Manager”, "Applications", “Apps”, or “Manage Applications”. (Sometimes there’s a submenu where you have to make a second selection from the list of possible names above.) When you see a list of everything that is installed, select "MLB Magic Number".
8) If there is an option or button available to "Move To Phone", select it. Retry steps 1 through 5.
If all else fails, send us an email and we'll work it out together. We'd love to see it working on your phone and receive positive reviews.
9) Email [email protected]
When it's all working, please consider a review/re-review.
10) Could we be so bold to suggest a 5-star rating for MLB Magic Number? We encourage all issues to be reported to [email protected]
Photo Credit: Nathaniel Tutvid
Boston Red Sox
Chicago White Sox
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Angels
Los Angeles Dodgers
New York Mets
New York Yankees
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
St. Louis Cardinals
Tampa Bay Rays
Toronto Blue Jays
Now you can track the each upcoming playoff series! Place new widgets and checkout the new options!
v1.7 Corrected some display issues for larger screens and a few network issues.