Belledonne Communications today announced the new release of Linphone for Android. Linphone is an open source internet phone or Voice Over IP phone (VoIP), compatible with the SIP protocol. It was the very first open-source linux application using SIP and it has became one of the most popular open-source SIP dialer for mobile platforms.
The new version V2.0 for Android, iPhone and iPad, available immediately, includes significant enhancements in the new ergonomic shape with a curved face interface, the integration of the address book and an account creation assistant.
Three major new capabilities have been added : a text messaging feature (chat) with delivery status notification, multiple calls and audio conferencing. In addition, Linphone supports now audio with speex , G711 ,ILBC, GSM, SILK, G722, OPUS, and video with VP8, H264 and mpeg4 codecs.
Exit button is located in the Settings->About page.
- Improved contact storage and sync
- Improved contact handling in native addressbook
- Collect and upload logs available
- Chat view can be rotated
- Notifications improvements for Android 5
- Reworked file transfer in chat
- New translations added: Arabic, Dutch, German, Spanish, Hebrew, Japanese, Serbian
- AAC-ELD audio codec added
- Bug fixes