An unofficial, open source client for reddit.
- Free and Open Source - no ads/tracking.
- Swipe posts left and right to perform customizable actions, such as upvote/downvote, or save/hide.
- Advanced cache management - automatically stores past versions of posts and comments.
- Streaming - shows posts/comments as they download - good for slow connections.
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Two-column tablet mode (can be used on your phone, if it's big enough)
- Image precaching (optional: always, never, or Wi-Fi only).
- Built in image viewer, and GIF player.
- Night mode (i.e. a dark theme)
- Holo theme on every device
- Support for Android 2.2+ (but works best on Android 4.0+)
- Translations for: English, German, Danish, and French (let me know if you'd like to help out!)
RedReader is beta software, so it is possible that you may encounter bugs.
Details of each crash in the UI thread will be logged to external storage, under the filename "redreader_crash_log_(UUID).txt" - please attach the relevant log when reporting a bug.
Crashes in other parts of the application will cause a prompt to be displayed asking you to email the exception details directly.
Available on GitHub: https://github.com/QuantumBadger/RedReader
- Jason Polites, for the GestureImageView (https://github.com/jasonpolites/gesture-imageview)
- Lawrence Dawson, for the ActiveTextView (https://github.com/laurencedawson/activetextview)
- tomorrowkey.jp, for the GIF decoder (https://code.google.com/p/android-gifview/)
- HoloEverywhere (https://github.com/Prototik/HoloEverywhere) and ActionBarSherlock (http://actionbarsherlock.com/)
- Apache, for various libraries
- The Jackson JSON processor (http://jackson.codehaus.org/)
- Joda (http://joda-time.sourceforge.net/)
- Links to specific comments (e.g. in /r/bestof) now go directly to those comments
- Ability to load more comments
- Comment long-click menu now has "Context" and "Go to Comment"
- Tapping a comment reply in the inbox takes you to that specific comment thread
- Notifications for new inbox messages/comment replies (thanks to NoNeedToBail)
- Image view now shows all images at full resolution
- Double-tap to zoom, and double-tap-and-drag to zoom, supported in image view