Does your engine still has its full power ?
The horsepower gain announced by your chiptuner is it real ?
You think that only an expensive chassis dyno test will give you answers to these questions ?
Not only that : with PerfExpert, you can measure the performance of your car using your own smartphone! You can measure the power and torque of your engine and the acceleration times of your car (0-60Mph , 1/8mi , 1/4mi... ).
PerfExpert is a reliable and cheaper alternative to chassis dyno and professional timers. By carefully following the instructions in the online User Guide, you will get accurate and consistent measurements allowing you to compare your tuning, engine adjustments or ECU mapping.
You can now publish your reports on the PerfExpert Network web app, and then share your test result much easier by using a web link. To do so, you will need to register to the PerfExpert Network with your email or with your Facebook account.
Sample dyno report created by the mobile application : http://network.perfexpert-app.com/results/9AfCRcvFjC
Sample timed run report created by the mobile application : http://network.perfexpert-app.com/results/6eXl1XAy98
Join now the PerfExpert growing community :
- On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PerfExpert
- On Google+ : plus.google.com / + -app PerfExpert
- Support forum : http://www.perfexpert-app.com/en/forum.html
- New : you can now create web reports for your dyno and timed run tests. This allow much easier sharing and you will never lost them!
- Dyno run to measure flywheel power and torque of your engine with dynamic calculation of losses without you need to enter a loss percentage => PerfExpert compute power losses for you.
- Compute corrected power and torque according to the correction norm of your choice (taking into account atmospheric pressure, ambient temperature and air humidity). So you can compare measurements on different days. Available standards : DIN (Europe), SAE (America), JIS (Japan), CEE (Europe) and ISO (International).
- Flywheel (crank) chart of engine power / engine speed. With automatic detection of the engine rev limiter (or throttle closing) in order to get a curve starting from low revs up to the red line, as on a chassis dynamometer report.
- Flywheel (crank) chart of engine torque / engine speed.
- Use of your phone accelerometer at its maximum frequency. Even 200Hz (eg LG Nexus 4) or more if your phone allow it.
- Use of advanced signal processing for smoother curves without reducing the acquisition frequency.
- Possibility to enter as many cars as you want
- The results are grouped by "Config" engine you define yourself
- Possibility to enter multiple gear ratio for each car
- Curves are shown in a full screen interactive graph that lets you know the exact values at any point with an extraordinary precision.
- Individual choice of units from a large number: Hp, Ch, Kw, Nm, Ft.Lb, mKg, Mph, Km/h, m, ft, G, m/s≤, psi, inHg, mBar, ∞C, ∞F
- Timed Run to measure your 0-60mph, 0-60ft, 0-1/8mi, 0-1/4mi, 0-100km/h, 0-20m, 0-200m, 0-400m, and much more.
- Excellent measurements regularity for accurate comparisons.
- Detailed reports of dyno runs and timed runs with specific information for each type of measurement.
- Export reports in Tab Separated Value format and PNG.
- Compatible with most tablets (GalaxyTab 10.1, 8.9, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 ...) and high-resolution screen phone (Nexus 4, Galaxy S3/S4, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X. ..)
More info ? Read the PerfExpert FAQ here :
This update brings the ability to perform measurements over a longer distance and to display more detailed dyno results :
- Displays the 'wheel' power for 'advanced' car sheet results. In the "Help and settings" screen, choose which power you want (engine or wheel) for graphs, exports and web publishing
- Added the possibility to delete a Setup that don't have any result
- Maximum measurement distance is now 1000m instead of 500m.
- Fixed the weight value displaying problem for Lb unit