Ping is a network utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from your hand phone to the host. It works on both 3G and Wifi.
ICMP ping currently only works in IPv4. IPv6 isn't widely supported on Android yet and is NOT available in this application.
- Allows you to save popular hosts to ping
- Allows you to control ping packets count
- Allows you to control ping packet sizes
- Allows continuous pings (keeps pinging until you stop it)
- Allows you to set intervals between ping packets
- Allows broadcast pings
- Allows you to email ping results
- Allows you to ping in the background (this will allow ping to continue even if you rotate the screen)
- Contain Google ads* upon exiting app.
- Long click hostname to edit host.
- Use menu button to Toggle Sound.
- Use menu to send us a Feedback for ideas and improvement.
- Manually edit /sdcard/ping.xml via a text editor for a easier way to add lots of host. Just copy the Google entry as a template for your host.
Please backup /sdcard/ping.xml before update.
- Remove annoying notification from status bar upon completion. I am very sorry for putting it there in the first place.
- Fixed crashes on some devices.
- Change to ask you to only agree once - Thank you John Moreau & Donald Weinshank for the feedback.
Refresh app with a new icon.
Rewrite large part of the program to support pinging in the background.
Adapt app to larger screen devices.
Display ads when exiting the application.