Project NOAH for Android
Enabling the mobility of Project NOAH. The official mobile version (native Android) of Project NOAH website (noah.dost.gov.ph) though without the Flood Map features.
This mobile app was developed by Rolly Rulete in cooperation with Project NOAH and with the partnership of Smart Communications, Inc. through the Smart Developer Network (SMART DevNet). Content and data come from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and its participating agencies.
Project NOAH’s (Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards) mission is to undertake disaster science research and development, advance the use of cutting edge technologies and recommend innovative information services in government's disaster prevention and mitigation efforts. Though the use of science and technology and in partnership with the academe and other stakeholders, the DOST through Program NOAH is taking a multi-disciplinary approach in developing systems, tools, and other technologies that could be operationalized by government to help prevent and mitigate disasters.
1. Map View
- PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
- Overview (MTSAT, Rainfall Contours, Chance of Rain, etc)
- Doppler (Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu, Hinatuan, Tampakan)
- Sensors (Weather Stations, Stream Gauges, Rain Gauges, Tide Levels)
- Weather Outlook (Probablity of Rain, PAGASA Typhoon Forecast)
2. List View
- Almost the same with Map View but presented as list for ease of use.
- PAGASA-FFWS (Flood Forecasting and Warning Section)
- Help articles and guidelines
- Information Dashboard
- Useful links and contents
* plus status notifications for "Probability of Rain"
* share screenshot (in almost all views) or text contents (News) via applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bluetooth, Gmail, etc)
* the app is themeable! (Holo Light [default theme] OR Holo Dark)
* supports animated overlays (MTSAT, Doppler, Chance of Rain)
* improved caching for performance and offline usage
* very flexible Settings
keywords: DOST, PAGASA, NOAH, NDRRMC, nababaha, ClimateX, MMDA, SMART, SMART DevNet
* fixes for overlay image errors