Welcome to greenalp.com! With this app you can show your exact location to your family and friends on Google Maps for free. This is more than a GPS Tracker, this is real live tracking for location sharing. You can also see your friends' location if they install this app too.
How to get started? Try the 1-minute help videos:
Some Galaxy S5 users seem to have a problem finding the menu key: The menu button is that dual square icon in the bottom left corner of the S5. Pressing it once beings up the list of current running apps. Holding it down will take you to the menu of the current app you are running.
Examples this app can be used for:
- Show your outdoor trip live to your family & friends. They can track you in real-time while your are running, hiking, biking, paragliding, or just traveling by train or car.
- Track your family & friends. Ask them to install this app and you can track each other in real-time.
- Latitude replacement: the default configuration needs more battery. If you want to save battery just increase the update interval or use cell tower locations instead of GPS. Support is available in the forum.
- Embed your map into your website or blog.
- Track your dog: Why buying expensive pet trackers? Use a cheap Android phone and put it on your dog. You can see your dog's location on the map in real-time.
- Provides details like speed, elevation, battery level, etc. Just click the icons on the map.
- Send messages to your friends or to the viewers on the website
- Supports Google Maps and OpenStreetMap
- Supports map integration in your private homepage
- Supports autostart
- Supports remote start via text message (SMS) or just via the web portal http://www.greenalp.com . Great for battery saving.
- Supports various remote commands you can send via web portal. Ideal for tracking your children or your pets.
- Support up to two KML layers.
- Supports control via location aware apps (as for example Llama)
- Supports an ad-free version. Push your phone's menu key and tap on "more".
Because of those many features the app requires several permissions. If you would like to know
why it needs these permissions please read this:
This app is not designed to track people without their agreement. If the tracker is running it will always show an icon in the status bar. Please don't send requests to hide the icon. The icon will stay visible for security reasons.
In case of problems please leave a message on my homepage, I will support you there. If you like my application I would feel very happy about positive ratings. Thanks.
- Workaround for timer problems on Android 5.0