We've had several queries regarding the new permission "Photos/Media/Files" required for version 5.0
Q: Why does the app need access to my photos?
A: It doesn't! RingGo uses the "Photos/Media/Files" permission to integrate with Google Maps. Google Maps, part of Google Play Services, require this permission for caching map data. RingGo does not, and will not, access your personal data stored on your mobile phone.
Q: Where can I find more info about the permissions this app uses?
A: Please scroll to the bottom of the description for an in-depth explanation of each permission, how we use it, and what that means for you.
No coins for your parking? No problem! With the RingGo Android app you can pay to park with your credit or debit card instead.
RingGo is the UK’s leading phone parking service. It’s offered at 4,000 sites across the UK, by more than 75 local authorities, 9 railway operators and numerous private parking operators, including NCP. Download the app now to find out where you can park with RingGo.
The RingGo Android app makes parking easy. It’s a quick, secure way to:
•Locate your nearest or recent parking site
•Pay for your parking
•Top up your parking
•Add/change your registered vehicles
•Register with RingGo
•Manage your account
With so many sites now offering RingGo, the initial download does take a minute or two. Please be patient.
Please ensure you have the latest version of the app to prevent crashes or problems. For further advice or assistance with the app please browse to https://www.myringgo.com/help and search for apps.
This application requires access to the following:
- Uses the device's location to pin-point nearby parking locations
Photos / Media / Files
- Required for Google Play Services (Google Maps). Google caches map information to your phones memory. RingGo does not, and will not, access any of your files.
- To securely obtain parking information and allow you to pay for your parking
- Your Last Parking Session now appears on book parking screen for easy extension/park again features!
- Improved Location Downloads functionality
- Improved visual UI. New icons, larger text & easier date selections
- Map clustering! See easily how many zones are around your location!
- Fix app crashes