Windows/OSX/Ubuntu/Mint/Gentoo/Whatever/Linux Remote Control
--- Simple Remote Control for Linux/Windows/Mac ---
1. Download the server app, unzip and execute the "RemoteControlServer.jar".
2. Open Android app, go to -> "new device" -> "Simple Linux/Windows/Mac" -> "scan" and scan the QR code from the server on your computer.
- full keyboard
- open apps like XBMC, VLC, Firefox, Google Chrome...
Commands: restart, reboot, lock screen, start/stop wifi, start/stop bluetooth
--- SSH Remote Control for Linux only ---
1. Install SSH Server if you havn't installed it already.
sudo apt-get install openssh-server
2. Open Android app, go to -> "new device" -> "Advanced Linux" and type in the needed information.
3. For mouse and keyboard control you need to install xdotool.
sudo apt-get install xdotool
- full keyboard
- list files on filesystem
- rename, delete and upload files on your filesystem
- add custom shortcuts
- add shortcut groups
- choose between different themes
- Wake on Lan widget
- export/import device
- scan network for devices
- control media player play/stop/prev/next
- control audio volume
- take screenshot of screen or webcam and send it to your mobile device
- lock/unlock screen
- send keyboard input
--- Wake On Lan ---
1. sudo apt-get install ethtool
2. sudo ethtool -s eth0 wol g
3. insert the following two lines into the autostart script(/etc/rc.local)
ethtool -s eth0 wol g
4. open /etc/init.d/halt and set NETDOWN=no
5. check and activate Wake On Lan and/or Wake on PCI(E) your mainboard bios
Private key login
> ssh-keygen -t rsa
To ensure safety enter a passphrase.
Then, paste the content of the public key ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub into the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys ﬁle on the remote host.
> cat id_rsa.pub >> .ssh/authorized_keys
Copy the private key ~/.ssh/id_rsa to your Android phone and load the ﬁle from the 'Add Device' screen.
Download PDF for more help: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf1hfietniyuxee/UbuntuRemoteControl-Help.pdf
Thanks to subtlepatterns.com for the background patterns. http://www.visualpharm.com
- custom commands for "Simple Remote Control"
- general bug fixes