The best lightweight wav player / audio player for VoIP (Voice over IP) voice-mail files sent to you as email attachments from Magic Jack, Vonage, Asterisk and more.
Plays many types of audio file formats that Android does not support. These can be email attachments or files downloaded to your SD card, like wav voice-mail, music, midi, and many other file formats. To play files from the SD card, install a file manager application (ES File Explorer is an excellent choice)
** NO ADS ** NO INVASIVE PERMISSIONS **
WavPlayer is designed to be a lightweight application. Once another task is started or the application loses focus, WavPlayer will quit and free all system resources.
** Please email me if you need to report a bug or have an issue. **
** Need a new format added or want to suggest a feature? Please email! **
* Option to automatically select speaker or earpiece. When set, hold phone to ear to enable earpiece.
* Automatically pause playback when a wired headset is removed
* Window can rotate with your device or locked in a chosen orientation
* Amplify audio volume up to three levels and optionally set a default level (not all audio formats are compatible)
* Pause / Play
* Random Seek / Slider
* Fast Forward and Rewind Buttons
* Play through Speaker, Earpiece or Headset
* Haptic feedback (vibration)
* Move to SD Card
See settings for the option to enable long file names to scroll in the window.
File types supported:
* aac (non-DRM)
* flac (up to 48kHz)
* m4a, m4b (*see note below)
* qcp (QCELP format only)
* ra, rm (SIPR, COOK formats only)
* shn (Shorten file format)
WAV compression formats supported:
* 0x0001 PCM Linear (up to 24-bit)
* 0x0002 MS ADPCM
* 0x0003 IEEE Float
* 0x0006 ALaw/a-Law
* 0x0007 MuLaw/uLaw/u-Law
* 0x0010 OKI ADPCM
* 0x0011 IMA/DVI ADPCM
* 0x0017 Dialogic OKI ADPCM
* 0x0022 DSP TrueSpeech
* 0x0031 GSM/MS GSM
* 0x0050 MPEG-1 layer 1, 2
* 0x0055 MPEG-1 layer 3
* 0x0133 G.729
Also includes playback support for all Android core media formats. Your device must be able to play these with the built-in player.
Note: Audiobook files (m4a, m4b) longer than ~3 hours will not play with this version. Playback support is being developed. Send me an email if you would like to be notified when support has been added.
Users report the ability to play email attachments from the following VoIP providers:
Lingo, Magic Jack, Asterisk, Cisco Unity, ShoreTel, Switchvox, Vonage, TalkSwitch, Inter-Tel Axxess, trixbox CE, Swisscom COMBOX, Zultys, AVM FRITZ!Box, TDS, LiberailVoIP, ObjectWorld CallAttendant, BroadVoice, U-verse, PhonePower, Cablevision Optimum Voice, Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging System, AVST CallXpress, netTALK DUO, WOW! Phone, Avaya CallPilot, France Telecom-Orange, Swyx Netphone ab, Evernote, Interactive Intelligence, Acanac, Budgetphone, Messagerie Vocale, Fichier, Internode NodePhone
* Fixed window display issues
* Fixed issue with playback of some 8-bit mono audio files
* Added option to Scroll Long Filenames (off by default)
* Added button on main window to open settings
* Fixed issue that caused audio to skip when switching between Speaker and Earpiece
* Fixed seek-bar progress display
* Added method to get audio file information
Long filename scrolling has been disabled by default. To turn the option back on, open the settings and choose Scroll Long Filenames.