Usage manual & FAQ: http://velisthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/10/velis-auto-brightness-manual.html
XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1910521
e-mail: [email protected]
Note: Notification is mandatory for this app because without it Android will stop the service too often for too long. There's no use in auto brightness if it doesn't work half the time. So before you give a one star review, consider this fact and my assurance that I'm trying to find a more user-friendly way. I will no longer respond to "it has an ugly notification" type of ratings.
Also please see homepage about language support. Any translation help most welcome!
Velis auto brightness aims to provide the best possible brightness experience by using your devices sensors to determine the environment you're in. You have complete control over how much brightness will be applied for any given light condition, from selecting the sensors used to fully customizable brightness graph. This is a replacement for system provided auto-brightness functionality usually found in Settings / Display / Brightness
- Initial configuration wizard for an easy start
- User-selectable sensors: light, proximity, cameras
- Supports custom sensors on phones such as Sony Xperia, SGS 2
- Brightness presets for every taste and screen
- Profiles (save the brightness graph under your own name)
- Fully customizable brightness graph to fit your needs or cover your sensor’s faults
- Extensive sensitivity adjustments (light change threshold, smoothing times up / down, boost threshold)
- Superdimming to make those shades really dark
- Excluded apps (will disable Velis Auto Brightness when they are in use)
- Launcher widget with on/off button, profile select button and a brightness graph
- Tasker / Locale support for many sensor readings and app settings
- Convenient in-app store for premium content (some tasker and widget functionality) and developer support
- Custom app language
- Additional brightness when charging
- Only uses sensors when screen is on conserving battery
Tasker plug-in / Locale plug-in: Provides conditions for screen on, calculated light reading, proximity sensor reading, calculated brightness. Exposes many settings to locale / tasker for detailed adjustment from these managers. Some of this functionality is premium content available through in-app purchase.
App homepage: http://velisthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/09/velis-auto-brightness.html
XDA thread (best for support): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32142069
Activating multiple auto-brightness applications will not produce expected results so make sure only Velis auto brightness is active while you test it. This file is provided AS IS - without any warranty. The autor will not be liable for any (un)imaginable inconveniences, including, but not limited to your phone frying or your screen starting to shoot launcher widgets at you. :)
This app is available in following languages: Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, Italian, German, Greek, Hungarian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Slovene, Vietnamese
Thanks to all the translators for their hard work. Please see homepage if you want to help with translations.
WRITE_SETTINGS: Required to turn off system auto-brightness
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Required for starting the service at boot-up so that auto brightness works without manual program start
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Required for auto brightness to operate
GET_TASKS: Needed to detect current top activity for app exclusion list and proper screen filter operation
CAMERA: Determine environment brightness through cameras.
BILLING: Required for in-app store
Fix for crashes in Androids < 5 (sorry)
Fix for direct sunlight issues
Fix for widget graph getting cleared
Fix for Android 8 notification