Connexions is now OpenStax CNX!
Need additional study help for your Chemistry class? Always wanted to learn the basics of reading music, but never had the time or the right book? Looking to explore new subjects or topics, all for FREE? OpenStax CNX provides free textbooks covering Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Programming, Music and more. This includes the peer-reviewed OpenStax College textbooks. Key features are
- View textbooks in the app.
- Download EPUBs or PDFs for offline reading. You can download a chapter or the entire textbook.
- Search OpenStax CNX for the content you need.
- Take notes in the app, export them as text files to your phone or share via email or text.
- Share the great content you find with others via email, text, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Save your Favorites for quick access when you return to the app.
All for FREE.
Permissions used by the app:
Internet - used to retrieve content from OpenStax CNX. App is TOTALLY AD FREE!
Write External Storage - used to download EPUBs and PDFs to your phone. Also used to export notes as text files to your phone.
Access Network State - used to check if a data connection is available before retrieving content.
To view an EPUB file after it is downloaded, you will need an EPUB reader app such as Aldiko.
To view a PDF file after it is downloaded, you will need a PDF reader app such as Adobe Reader.
OpenStax CNX, http://openstaxcnx.org, is an open source project and is affiliated with Rice University. The Android app is open source too.
Keywords: CNX, Connexions, Textbook, Textbooks, EPUB, PDF, Math, Science, Engineering, Programming, Music, OpenStax College, OpenStax
- Connexions is now OpenStax CNX!
- Prevent download of PDF and EPUB too large for a mobile device