DroidCam turns your Android device into a wireless webcam, letting you chat on Skype, Google+, and other programs.
With 2 million downloads, DroidCam is THE webcam app for Android!
The app works with a PC Client component that installs the webcam drivers, and connects the computer with the Android device. Windows or Linux clients are available, simply visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to download, install, and get more info on usage.
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer, including Sound and Picture.
- Completely free with no usage limits!
- Connect over WiFi or USB* cable.
- Simple and efficient: Designed to save battery and space as much as possible.
If you like the app, consider getting the PRO version, DroidCamX, which has:
- No ads.
- High-res video support (up to 720p in HD Mode).
- Experimental 'FPS Boost' option for up to 2x higher framerates.
- Surveillance/IP Camera/Monitoring MJPEG access: access DroidCamX via your browser or from another device.
- Camera controls: flash, auto focus, zoom and more.
- Extra features on the Windows client including video mirror, rotate, contrast, sharpness and more controls.
A total bargain compared to actual webcams sold in store!
* USB connection may require additional setup.
V6.1.x - Back to Landscape mode. A bug-fixes that affect certain devices.
Dropped support for older (pre Android 4 KitKat) devices, to take advantage of newer camera features resulting in improved video quality and frame rates.
Updated design and layout.
Windows Client v6.0 update also available at www.dev47apps.com, with further improvements, important bug fixes, and other simplifications. Updating the Client is optional but highly recommended.