DroidCam turns your Android device into a wireless web cam, letting you chat on Skype, Google+, and other programs.
With 2 million downloads, DroidCam is THE web cam app for Android!
- Chat using "DroidCam Webcam" on your computer, including Sound and Picture.
- Completely free with no usage limits!
- Connect over WiFi or USB* cable.
- Use other apps while DroidCam is streaming.
- Simple and efficient: Designed to save battery and space as much as possible.
The app works with a PC Client component that installs the webcam drivers, and connects the computer with the Android device. Windows or Linux clients are available, simply visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to download, install, and get more info on usage.
If you like the app, consider getting the Pro version, DroidCamX, which has:
- No ads.
- High-res video support (up to 720p in HD Mode).
- Experimental 'FPS Boost' option for up to 2x higher framerates.
- Surveillance (IP Webcam) Monitoring MJPEG access: access DroidCamX via your browser or from another device.
- Camera controls: flash, auto focus, zoom and more.
- Extra features on the Windows client including video mirror, rotate, contrast, sharpness and more controls.
"A bargain compared to actual webcams sold in store!"
"Perfect! Amazing program no lags no problem the best it could be! Long time since I've seen app working so well!!!"
* USB connection may require additional setup.
* "Draw over other apps" permission needed to make camera work on more devices and in more conditions
Streaming is now done from a background service, and if supported by your device, you can now put DroidCam into background and use other apps in parallel. Note that turning the screen off may put Wifi to sleep and drop the connection.
Fixed a bug that caused streaming to be stopped after about 30 seconds in poor WiFi situations.
Please report any issues at www.dev47apps.com.