Sky-Map is a Moving Map Navigation System for General Aviation. It has the following functionality:
- Moving Map: Displays the actual position on digital aviation charts, like ICAO chart from DFS (Maps not included !)
- Fast move and zoom of the map
- Flightplanning: Flights can be planned direct on the map or using the waypoint database.
- Routes can be saved, loaded or modified
- Calculation of distances, flighttimes, wind influence, fuelconsumption
- Automatic display of approach/airport charts (if AIP is installed)
- Airspace warnings
- "Direct to" function
- "Nearest Airports" function
- AIP Browser: displays of approach/airport charts as well as text information (if AIP is installed)
- PCMet Browser: Quick access to weather information (additional costs for pc_met access apply)
- Logbook function: automatic logging of Starttime/Position, Landingtime/Position und Flighttime
- Infopanels (configurable) for Speed, Altitude, Distance, Time aso..
The software contains an worldwide basemap (not for navigation), additional charts from the Flight Planner/Sky-Map selection have to be installed. For purchasing of maps see http://www.sky-map.de/order.php